Wednesday, July 31, 2013

And there it is . . . a bit of nostalgia

My baby is getting bigger.

He can hold a rattle now.

He giggles or at least that's what it sounds like to me.

He wiggles non stop when he's awake.

The 4 oz bottles we started feeding him with are getting exchanged for bigger ones.  If I give him only 4 oz as soon as the bottle is gone his little legs start wiggling and his face scrunches up and then comes the pathetic and yet somehow adorable whine.  So no more small bottles.

Some of his newborn clothes are no longer fitting.  Especially when I try and shove the giant cloth diapers inside of them :).

He can read short stories.  HA. Just seeing if you were paying attention or only skimming like I've gotten in the bad habit of doing lately.  I think I have a new resolution to make a habit of reading an entire blog post or an entire magazine article in one sitting (baby permitting of course) and not just stop half way through because I'm bored or I have some strange urge to aimlessly scroll through facebook looking for something cute.  How did this happen?!!!  Okay that was a tangent, this was supposed to be about my baby getting bigger.

I walked in the other morning to get him up from his nap to go to the gym and his little toes were hanging over the edge of the swing!!

And for the first time since having the little munchkin I realized I would be okay if time went a little slower.  If only you could have a precious little newborn that also slept through the night!! Goodbye dwindling population dilemmas.

Don't worry mom and dad, he's not that big yet :).  He will still be cute and tiny when you get here tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment