Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cuteness

Okay I think my baby is pretty cute.  Still so weird to type my baby.  What the?!!  Often I just look at him and say out loud to him, to me, to the air (yes I talk to "myself" now) "where did you come from?!"  It is still so odd to me that he is a real human being.  That someday he'll be a functioning adult (hopefully haha) and be able to have conversations with me about the mysteries of life or at least about how his day was :).

Right now though we're working on establishing a predictable eating and sleeping schedule.  We were on the right track, with him sleeping (or at least not screaming constantly) from midnight to six am but then the last two nights have been craziness!!!!  He wakes up around between 1 and 3 am screaming and then again pretty much every hour after that.  What is that?! Hopefully the little munchkin is just growing and that ridiculousness will only last a few days.  Until then, bring on the iced coffee.  Iced coffee with a little milk and sugar may be my new favorite thing.  Especially since it finally feels like summer here (aka I feel like my skin is going to melt onto the leather seats ever time I get in the car, yes I know #firstworldproblems haha).

Okay but besides the ridiculous two nights we've had, he's getting to be fun (I know, I know you say getting to be?! sorry but I think screaming needy every two hour newborns are only so fun if we're being honest here.  Also I think I should have ordered a small iced coffee instead of a medium!!).  He lays on his little play mat and kicks the owl and makes funny noises and smiles and lights up when I stop folding laundry and talk to him in the annoying baby talk voice about random things like how he has two new baby friends this week and another on the way today or about how we're going to go to the gym again and drop him off with the nice lady there so momma can sweat out some of her anxiousness and take a shower in peace.  If only he knew what I was really saying to him in my ridiculous baby talk voice.  Right now I kind of feel like when you talk to the dog and call them mangy, slimy and stinky and they still lick you in the face and try and sit on your lap.

Speaking of dogs I seriously need to sweep Blitz's dog hair.  I'm off to see how much of that I can do before Noah wakes up ready to eat!!  He is such a little boy.  He chugs his bottle like he's never eaten before and when it's gotten he scrunches up his face and whines till you distract him.  This is going to be fun :). 



Oh happy baby :)

2 comments:

  1. HE IS SO PRECIOUS!!! why do we not live in the same town?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now what could we do about this?!!! ;)

      Delete