Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday

I feel rather scatterbrained these days.  My head is full of so many different things it didn't used to be filled with, and I'm still trying to figure out how to keep it all straight.  So sometimes I can't figure out how to make a filtered water bottle work, or I can't get the car seat out of the car, or I forget what day it is, or I almost drive past the grocery store because I'm thinking about when's the next time I can fit in going to the gym or when's the next time Noah is supposed to eat or what day do I need to wash cloth diapers to not run out or when do I need to pump next.  Whew lots of things to keep straight that never crossed my mind before this whole motherhood thing :).

Actually though, everything is starting to settle into a routine.  Noah has started sleeping almost 8 hours in a row!!  Okay by in a row I mean we feed him at 10:30, he cries (usually) one time between three and four in the morning, but only for a few minutes so I just lay there listening and we both fall back asleep in a few minutes, and then around 5:30 or 6 he whines a little and I give him his pacifier and he sleep till almost 7!!!  I feel like a sane person again, well mostly haha.  Actually the first night he slept that long I woke up the next morning still feeling exhausted and thought, goodness I have been really sleep deprived these last two months.  After a few days though now of sleeping from 10:30ish to 6:30ish I feel so, so much better.  Everyone was right, somewhere around 8 weeks you start feeling a little like yourself again.  Hallelujah.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what is going to make sense for the little buddy and I on a day to day basis.  It's a little odd when there is nothing set in stone in your schedule to just go about making a schedule that works for you and lets you get done the things that need to get done. Currently I'm trying to figure out when it makes sense to go to the gym, when it makes sense to get groceries, what nights I can manage making dinner and what nights it's going to be a drive through kind of night.  Last night I tried to squeeze in making homemade mac and cheese between four and five because we needed to leave pretty much as soon as Spencer got home for his softball games.  Noah was having a cranky afternoon and I used too mild of cheese and making a roué from scratch is really quite hard when you have a crying baby and you are supposed to constantly stir.  So we had Arby's for dinner.  And the homemade mac and cheese that kind of tastes like blah alfredo is sitting in the fridge and I'll probably just toss it.  Oh the fun of juggling a baby and cooking :).

Also, I talked to one of the VP's from work this week.  He said they missed having me in meetings.  They miss my confrontational style haha.  It was good to know they actually miss having me there and aren't just thinking "wow why did we go out of our way to accommodate this woman who is making our life complicated."  Good thing I keep meetings entertaining ;).

Time to wake the sleeping babe and feed him some yummy milk before heading to Chipotle.  Yeah for other moms who have sleep trained their kids and have advice on how best to do it without going crazy :).

No comments:

Post a Comment