Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Learning to Pace Myself

First off this little guy is getting more and more entertaining and I love it.  He giggles and coos and pouts and plays with his lips and blows bubbles and pretty much is the most adorable thing ever.  Also last night he went almost nine hours without needing to eat, so yeah that's pretty awesome. I think we may have a 7 pm to 7 am sleeper on our hands if we can just get him a little chubbier so he can go that whole time without eating.  The little man is still pretty long and gangly!! 







This pace of life though is a little odd.  And to be honest I'm getting stir crazy.  And bored.  And feeling like I want to accomplish something more than making a yummy healthy dinner I found on pinterest with the 6 hours of downtime I had to kill while Noah was napping.  I knew this would come after I woke up some and he slept a little more and I started realizing that every day is essentially made up of taking care of him and maybe running an errand or getting coffee with a friend (but somehow not spending all my money for the month in the first week on lattes . . . still working on that one).

Don't get me wrong, I like running errands at 10 am on a Tuesday - so much better than 3 pm on Saturday with the rest of the world!  And I love getting coffee with the bunches of other new moms from church or grabbing lunch with a coworker who is probably wondering why this is the third lunch in a row I've been in workout gear.  Umm it's been hot and taking a shower at 11 am after running seems pointless when I'm just going to get sweaty carrying the carseat around all day.  So yes I wear my work out clothes a lot.  Although now at least I am legitimately working out and not just wearing lululemon because it's the only thing that fits ;).  But I also really like getting things done, having to do lists, finishing projects - you know all those lovely type A things.  And raising a baby well that isn't really a to do list or a project to finish, at least any time soon :).

So I've been brainstorming on some different things I could do to help me feel a little less insane and to help those long nap times enjoyable instead of just staring at the wall thinking "I know I'm lucky that he sleeps two hours at once but I have no idea what to do with myself right now." Yes I know I could pretty much sweep dog hair 24-7 but really who likes that?!  Okay maybe I need to work on liking cleaning my house.  That could really be a good skill to have :).

In the meantime while I'm brainstorming, I've been going through the filing cabinet and throwing away a ridiculous amount of paperwork we don't need anymore.  I found the letter I wrote saying I would accept the internship at Cimarex back when I was a junior in college.  You can totally tell I had just taken writing for the profession at TU and learned how to write a memo.  I'm also trying to figure out how to turn the back room into a sweet office/spare bedroom/sitting room for reading. I know it's a tiny space but I think it might be doable.

Okay time to finish cooking my fish and feed Noah his bottle and then a walk on riverside because it is 75 degrees and breezy in AUGUST. Yep yep it feels like fall and it's lovely.  Too bad their aren't pumpkin spice lattes yet . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment