Saturday, March 22, 2014

Go Go Go

So I feel like the nice weather this week (plus the fact that last week we watched way too many episodes of Revenge last week and felt like we wasted our life) made us want to get on a bunch of projects that we've been ruminating about for awhile.

I started turning the back room into a playroom.  I'm aiming for a space that he can play in while we sit and relax.  We're keeping the daybed in there - just adding a bunch more pillows so it'll hopefully a more inviting place to just lounge, or at least lounge for a few minutes before jumping up to make sure Noah doesn't eat a clump of dog hair or tumble on the tile floor.  A rug is on the list of things to get still!  That and a bunch more baskets for toys.  And a little more wall art.  Oh and I'm converting a train table top into a chalkboard so it can be multi functional as Noah learns how to color.  Okay I know I'm majorly jumping the gun on that skill, but I'm trying to set up the room so it'll be useful for awhile down the road!

Spencer went to work on finishing the garden beds so hopefully we can start planting cool weather plants this week!  We put down a bunch of cardboard for weed control and then he also laid out a bunch of the flower beds from our master plan we had drawn up a few years ago.  Yeah we had a guy draw up a plan for us all the while telling him we would not be paying him to do it.  I think he told us it'd be 40 grand to do it all at once.  No thank you.  But thank you for the nice drawing that we can slowly work on over the next ten years.  I'm telling you someday our backyard is going to be an oasis!!

I also started purging the upstairs.  I always feel like there is entirely too much furniture and junk up there!  So I started on one dresser and I'm slowly cleaning things out.  Only problem is one drawer was all full of summer clothes (pre baby) that I have no idea if it fits or not.  Looks like one of the days this week I'll be trying on a bunch of clothes and seeing just how much of my wardrobe I'll be donating to good will and just how much I can still make work after having Noah.

Spencer also started building storm windows for our house.

I ran ten miles today.  I feel like I can't walk straight.  That's the last long run though before the half marathon!  I have a few more weekly runs but mostly I taper over the next two weeks to make sure my legs are nice and fresh and I actually want to go running the morning of the race!

Okay well our dinner dates bailed due to a sick kid so we're eating leftover pasta plus some asparagus and mushrooms.  Yummm.

1 comment:

  1. You're a champ! I can't wait to see the changes you've made. I'm running my 10 (or probably 11 due to the lake being exactly 5.5 miles around) today. I'll call you when I finished/survived!

    ReplyDelete