Sunday, March 16, 2014

I'm One of Those People

One of those crazy people that run when it's 35 degrees out and may or may not be snowing.

I never thought I was going to be one of those people, but then I signed up for this half marathon, and I'm a stickler for doing the training program even if the weather is crazy and well I couldn't stand the thought of nine miles on a treadmill.  So yes, I ran nine miles in the windy cold this afternoon and it actually wasn't that bad.  I just put on a bunch of layers and tall socks and a hat and gloves and chapters eight and nine of the audiobook I've been listening too (Lean In) and started running.  I passed literally four other runners in the entire hour and a half I was out on the trail.  I'm not going to lie it sort of felt like I was earning a badge of honor in some odd running club.  Okay maybe that was the cold wind going to my head.

I have one more long run next weekend and then a weekend off from running and then it's the half marathon!! Ahhhhhhh.  Hopefully I can go slow and steady like on all of my long runs so far, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment