Wednesday, March 12, 2014

It's Official

I'm going back to work full time on May 12th.  And, actually now that I officially told them I feel better about going back. I think the constant back and forth, maybe I will maybe I won't was driving me a little insane.  Plus, it was making it really hard to make any changes in my day to day life that will make going back to work less stressful.

I've been brainstorming ideas for saving time once I go back to office, so that I won't have to spend all day Saturday or every week night running errands and cleaning house.  The funny thing is this kind of the opposite of what I've gotten in the habit of doing the last year.  I've been spreading out errands over the week so that we have things to get out and do instead of trying to do things as efficiently as possible.

First on the list, we have a house cleaner.  It's amazing.

Second, I just finally entered the 21st century and signed up for a bunch of online, automatic bill pay.  Not for my credit card though, that scared me.  I want to see what we are putting on it each month before it automatically pays itself and I never realize how many trips we are going on or how many anthro sale rack trips I've been taking.

I might start ordering diapers and wipes and household cleaners online to stop the trips to target. And not just to save time, also to stop on all the impulse buying I do when I'm there and I'm bored.  I always seem to leave with some new baby toy or outfit or a new picture frame or an organizational basket we don't really need.

Grocery shopping might just have to be a Saturday morning thing.  Whole Foods doesn't do online ordering in our area . . . yes I shop there regularly now, although honestly I've figured out how to keep the bill the same as it was at Reasors.  We just eat less meat.  And less chips.  And our fridge is totally empty by Saturday night.

Okay I'm off to read the chapter for Bible study tomorrow.  I've come to love spending time with a room full of women on Thursday mornings.  I know craziness.

Speaking of crazy.  He's crazy.  But we love him.  He's standing without holding on to anything.  And he throws legit fits when he doesn't get his way.  Yesterday he slammed his toy into the ground when I wouldn't pick him up immediately.  At dinner today he slammed his hands into his high chair when we didn't give him food fast enough.  Yeah he has an attitude.  



1 comment:

  1. His vest! I can't. Its beautiful. You're beautiful. Your life is pretty yuppie, but its beautiful too. I'm in the airport business center. HURRAH.

    ReplyDelete