Wednesday, May 29, 2013

On My "Own"

Yesterday was my first day on my "own" with Noah.  Which really just meant that no one was in the house with me 24-7 picking up after me, cooking for me, doing laundry for me and making sure I didn't work too hard.  I really wasn't on my own though.  Leslie brought me lovely muffins, granola bars, and a dshot latte not long after I was out of bed - a phrase which by the way is becoming nebulous to me.  I mean if you are up every two and a half to every three hours when are you really "out of bed" for the day?  I'm calling out of bed when I get up in the morning, get dressed and hopefully shower (yes, so far Noah has obliging still let me shower everyday!!!).  I got to see Violet and be encouraged about how much easier even a 2 month old is (where have the first two week already gone?! oh right that lack of sleep thing . . .).  Then Spencer came home for lunch to snack on some delicious leftovers with me and change a few diapers and hold Noah for a little bit.  Seriously seeing him with Noah is so cute and just makes me happy we decided we could survive having a kid.  I'd say we decided to have a kid, but really I'm starting to see more and more we have no control over this whole thing.  It's in God's hands.  Which is good.  I think.  Still working on being okay with that.  You'd think I'd be fully convinced considering the whole getting pregnant, pregnancy, and labor and delivery went more smoothly than I could have even imagined.

Haha I just rocked Noah to sleep to R Kelly rap.  How beautiful.  Where would I be without spotify?

 After that Spencer's aunt and cousin came over and held Noah and listened to him be fussy haha.  I was just starting to read this book called The Happiest Baby on the Block which shows you how to recreate womb like conditions for your baby.  Seriously guys I feel like I'm reading a book of magic tricks!!  Noah had been crying a bunch since the weekend and we were trying to figure out what was up and then I remembered I had bought this book that had been highly recommended.  I started reading and it's awesome!  So now I swaddle him right after a diaper change, carry him on his side, and then swing/rock him.  If he's not screaming yet that's all it takes.  If he is already screaming I shhhhhhh in his ear really loud and last but not least if  he wakes up later but it isn't time to eat yet he can have a paci.  Yes we've already caved.  I can't really have my finger in his mouth all day long!!

Okay so after that Kat and I ventured out to Buy Buy Baby and after that Spencer was home and the Diffendaffers brought over dinner and five week old Thatcher (oh my goodness talk about chubby cuteness!!!).  So really I wasn't by myself for more than an hour or two.

Today was full of longer stretches of just me and the babe, but honestly it was kind of nice.  I feel like I'm coming out of the totally exhausted stupor (don't read that I'm not tired, I just don't feel like a walking zombie anymore).  Plus now I feel like I can walk around relatively well without being in pain from giving birth.  What a difference two weeks makes!!  Also Kerri and Candice brought me a latte, so that didn't hurt :).

Note to self: blogging with a baby on your lap isn't too bad :).  It takes a little extra coordination but he's so cute I wasn't quite ready to put him up.  I've been realizing that this tiny stage is really going to fly by so I should probably enjoy holding him and kissing him as much as possible before he gets unwieldy and independent ;).

Hmm I was going to post a pic, but I'm still figuring out how to use a mac . . .  got it!!


1 comment:

  1. A bold, beautiful, messy, arduous adventure that is one of life's most profound and humbling paths. Without it, we would end as a species in one generation, miss one of the most basic calls on our life by our God(to be fruitful and multiply), and live in real poverty. In this fallen world it is uncertain, flawed, and full of trials but still so very worth the high, high cost. God bless you today.

    ReplyDelete