Monday, May 6, 2013

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

I think the countdown has officially started.  I'm still not too uncomfortable; I just think Spencer and I are both antsy and not sure what to do with ourselves while we wait for the day we get to start being parents.  I wake up in the morning thinking "hmmm, I wonder if this is the day I get to see what labor is like" or "hmm I wonder if this is the last day I get to decide what I want to do with my spare time for awhile" of "hmm I wonder if tonight is the last night we'll be able to leisurely do laundry and make dinner and watch reruns of the West Wing until way too late."

I think from a logistics standpoint we are ready to go which almost makes me more antsy because now I don't know what to do with my spare time.  Bag is packed, carseat is installed, baby clothes are all washed, room is all set up, our last birth class was last week and the one on breastfeeding is tomorrow.  We even washed the dog.  And the fence is finished.  And the car is full of gas.  And I've given up on keeping the house clean of dog hair.  And I finish work Friday.  So yeah, no we are just wondering what to do with ourselves.

This week is packed full of stuff I've agreed to go to tentatively.  Yes I'll go to your graduation party, unless I have a baby.  Yes I'll bring a non alcoholic drink to your baby shower unless I have a baby.  Yes I'll go to a two day work conference which includes an after party at the drillers game, unless I have a baby.

Just for fun, here's some more of Shari's lovely pre Noah gets here pics.  I'm pretty sure he'll be way cuter than my prego belly, but I thought these were pretty fun!






1 comment:

  1. In the early morning grey
    quiet reigns, but in the stillness
    before the break of day
    lies one praying for you three.
    Lord's Prayer, Apostle's Creed;
    He hears, He knows, His time is best
    To wait upon the Lord, we must
    Until in the new day light a son shall come

    ReplyDelete