Monday, May 13, 2013

Retirement

Friday was my last day of work for a year.

Weird.

So yes, I've officially started maternity leave even though Noah isn't here yet.  I decided a few days to chill plus not having to worry about going into labor while at the office (especially while presenting in a meeting which was happening alot the last couple of days I was there) sounded pretty nice.  Right after I left work on Friday I was really excited.  I bought myself a pair of Toms that I could never wear to the office, you know the actual original Toms, not the cute wedges and flats I got away with wearing to work.  Then I got home and I wasn't really excited any more I was really just bummed.  I like working!  I like my coworkers. I like the challenges of trying to figure out problems and get projects I worked on approved. I like the intellectual stimulation of having to work on things no one has answers to yet.  Plus, I was realizing I like doing things day to day that I already know I can do, that I already know I'm good at -  I know, I know big surprise I like doing things I'm good at haha.

Anyway, I had a little pity party in my head and then I started planning out my week (plus or minus) of vacation around t-town.  I decided if I'm going to have some time off before Noah gets here I might as well enjoy it!!  Plus I really can't sit around for days on end, so I needed something to help fill the time.  So I bought some new books at Barnes and Noble, and I booked a bunch of lunches and brunches and coffee dates.  And I scheduled an eye appointment.  And made a list of everything I could still do before baby gets here to be more prepared.  At this point nothing on that list is really paramount to finish before he gets here it's just nice clean up things like wash all the cloth diapers or organize the pantry or get a baby book (check to that one as of a few minutes ago thanks to etsy!).

Today's Fun Activities

- slept in a little (this is sort of anticlimatic considering sleeping isn't the most comfortable right now)
- made breakfast and laughed at Blitz try to stay awake during what is her normal stay in the crate and nap time (she kept flopping on the ground in a heap every time I moved from room to room)
- finished reading Sula, the first of three books I bought to read this week
- folded some laundry
- cleaned out the magazine basket
- made a grocery list
- paid bills
- called cleaning lady (oh please, oh please let her call me back so the house can get deep cleaned pre Noah)
- finally cashed checks that were almost six months old (yes I know I have a horrible habit of never cashing checks)
- had lunch with a bunch of pregos and one cute mamma with a 2 month old
- hit up utica for a lampshade for Noah's room
- got a pedicure (AMAZING, normally I don't splurge and get the deluxe one but I figured this might be the last one I get in a long time and it was so, so nice.  They guy even let me sit in the massage chair while my toes were drying since they weren't busy)
- got a few more books to read just in case
- started getting really sleepy and irrationally annoyed at the 15 speed bumps in the Barnes and Nobles parking lot
- got groceries
- dropped off bills in the mail  
- sat in the QT parking lot for ten minutes with a million people waiting to gas and a bunch of cars just sitting there without drivers in them (note to the world: when the gas station is packed don't leave your car at the pump for ten minutes while you go inside!!!)

And now I'm home.  Whew.  The vacation thing is tiring haha.  I think I will start on book number 2 while I finish my lovely cucumber and apple juice and listen to Blitz bark at the neighbor kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment