Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring!!!!!

So today I walked my little (HAHA) dog in 70 degree sunshine with Tara, and it was AWESOME. Well besides the fact tha Blitzy doesn't think heeling is any fun :). I'm signing her up for training class as soon as they post the times sometime this week!

So maybe it is only spring inside my head, but it is spring enough for one of my favorite things ~ seeding!! Okay make that gardening, but to get a garden first you have to have some seeds haha. I know I'm stating the obvious here :). So tonight we seeded!
64 little boxes full of seeds!! We've got tomatos and peppers and green onions and herbs and squash and zuchinni and snap peas and lots of lettuce and spinach and cucumbers!! I can't wait to see it all start coming up! I'm still amazed (okay I've only had a garden one year haha) that big plants come out of little tiny seeds. I also can't wait to have lots of fresh veggies! I got this raw cookbook at a borders that's going out of businesss ~ side note, a bookstore with everything on sale may be my addiction, I literally felt like a little kid again! Spencer had to tell me to put some of my choices back haha ~ and now I'm excited about eating more raw. Only problem is it is insanely expensive! Like raw almond butter (think gourmet peanut butter) is TEN BUCKS! Since when is peanut butter ten bucks!! Okay so anyway I can't wait to have lots of free veggies! Okay not totally free since I'll have some sweat equity and a few bucks worth of seeds but you know what I mean. And no I haven't had caffeine, at least not since 9 this morning :). Okay so back to the seeding. So Spencer set up this nice ghetto rigged grow center upstairs. He is so handy!

So yes it looks like we're growing a little something very common to Oklahoma but we're not so don't worry :). 45 to 60 days from now we'll have all kinds of yummy produce! I think I've decided gardening must get passed down in the blood. My grandparents were farmers and gardeners, my parents taught me how to garden when I was little and I can remember helping grandma pick raspberries most summer for 25 cents a pint haha I was some willing cheap labor :). And now I'm pretty much giddy about having my own garden. And maybe some chickens someday :). Okay enough for now, I'll have to put up pics of my other project later, for now just dream about little seedlings haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment