Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chillaxin' in the Sun

Okay so for some reason I wanted to revert to freshman year at TU when chillaxin' was an acceptable phrase haha. It's 85 degrees outside!! And breezy! And sunny! And well there is a reason I don't and probably never will live in the pacific northwest. I pretty much can't function when the weather is gloomy is for more than umm four hours at a time. So today is basically therapy for me. We got up and had topeca with Kat, went to church, heard about how God pursues us passionatly, went to Top That for pizza with a bunch of friends (and I didn't have to do any convincing to get them to sit outside!), took Blitzy for a nice long walk around the river and laughed when I found a plastic bag (more on that later), and now I've been sitting out on the front porch drinking pomegranate limeade, reading $64 Tomato, and working on my Bible study for tomorrow night while Biltzy switches between barking at everyone who walks by and lounging in the sun and while Spencer draws up a master plan for our yard. Pretty much the best lazy Sunday ever. And to top it off we're having fajitas with fresh homemade salsa for dinner!!

Okay so now that I've made you all jealous of my afternoon or at least of my front porch haha, I have to tell you a funny bag story. So I was walking Blitzy and I had forgotten to bring a plastic bag along for well, you know, she is a dog :). So I was worrying a little bit about it while I was thinking and praying about other things and then I looked down and ta da there was a plastic grocery bag wrapped around a little shrub. Okay I might be reading into it too much but I'm pretty sure God answered my unprayed prayer so I could stop worrying about how I was going to manage picking up my dog's poop without a plastic bag. And I could stop worrying about her pooping with a million of my closest friends watching while they drank beer at the new riverside cafe. Haha so there you go, random story of God's provision for me and my little overly concerned about the details engineer brain haha.

So yes, the $64 Tomato. I totally recommend it. I've read over half of it in the last day and a half, which for me is alot of reading in a short period of time, at least these days. Ha oh if only you could go back and see little 8th grade me reading ALL summer long. Anyway it's a memoir all about one guy and his quest for the perfect garden. It's pretty hilarious. Read the part on deer, seriously I laughed out loud! Which is also rare for me when reading books. I guess I've been reading too many things on sociology or poverty or umm horizontal wellbores lately, not too much to laugh about there :).

Hmm what else? Well we've been working on the spare bedroom. I've been trying to make it a coherent room instead of just the room where we put all the leftover furniture pieces we have that don't go together. So here's what I've got so far! It's got a long way to go, but it already feels more airy and open :).

Okay so first the unorganized before pictures. And yes I know having the bed unmade makes it look so much worse but I like the effect :).
New duvet cover is on the way!

Definitely need to organize that bookshelf . . .

And that desk . . . and find somewhere else to store those guitars!

Okay so this dresser was what inspired me to get to work! I thought it would look cool painted some fun color . . .So here you go! Okay the lighting is really bad in this, but it's a fun dark green. And yes I know I need to finish the top two drawers :). Apparently we didn't sand the varnish well enough on those drawers and the paint just came right off!

And another step towards making it look brighter in there. Some lovely white curtains :).

Okay I've got a ways to go, but it's a start :). Alright I'm off to see the plans the master gardener has come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment