Sunday, March 6, 2011

Intervention

So I bet you're thinking, I knew it! They are growing something shady in those trays of theirs. Well nope this week I did have my own little intervention, but it was a - wait for it -fashion intervention! Yep, yep you heard me right. If you know me or my wardrobe you might be thinking about time! Haha. So yeah I had been talking to some of my friends at church who have way more fashion sense than I do and telling them how much I need help with my wardrobe. I mean I got a grown up purse for Christmas (I know I'm about ten years late but cut me some slack I am an engineer haha) but half of my wardrobe is from umm let's just say 8th grade might not be too far from the truth :). So anyway yesterday Kacey and Allison came over and went through my whole wardrobe and told me everything I had to get rid of. I can't believe they laughed at my sketchers!! And my highschool AE button downs!! And my nasty flats that look like they have diseases growing in them because I never wear socks! Haha okay I had been needing to get rid of those but shopping for new clothes and shoes is never that high on my agenda, at least not shopping for a massive wardrobe makoever. But I decided to be open to the idea and let wiser more knowledgable aka more girly women help me out :).

My lovely to be thrown away/ dumped pile:


So after telling me about 3/4 of my current clothes had to go - okay maybe that's an exaggeration but not quite ha I told you I needed help - we picked up Natalie and Kathryn for more help and moral support and headed out to the stores! 6 hours later after countless outfit trials, multiple snack trips, and plenty of moments of feeling completely ridiculous in girly outfits (which I did take home by the way, they swore they made me look awesome so we'll see haha) I headed home with a new wardrobe!! Okay most of a new wardrobe :). Round two is still in the works to look for dress pants, black shoes, and accesories oh and maybe a nice dress for the 11 weddings we have this summer!! So umm Alisha whenever you decide to visit me we can go on round two ;).

Check it out!! I think this is more shoes than I normally own at one time, let alone buy at one time! And believe me without my wonderful fashionistas I would not have bought silver tennis shoes or mustard flats or really probably any of these besides the brown flats haha.

Ironic though turns out the silver shoes and mustard flats are some of my favorite already!!


So yes I did buy other things besides shoes :). Ha be prepared for some awful clothes pics. I wasn't going to put them all on again and apparently I'm really bad at staging haha. And these are by no means all the things I got, I just got tired of taking pictures and figured you have better things to do than read this all day long haha.

So I got lots of cute dressy tops like this!



And this!A couple of cute summery dresses like this one :)


And a cute jean skirt! With about a million different colors of cardigans. Literally a million okay maybe literally seven. I think I got blue, purple, two shades of green, and a peachy pink one. Oh and they made me get a lacey top I wasn't sure about! But I wore it to church and got lots of compliments so looks like they knew what they were talking about :).

I did manage to get some tshirts too, not all fancy gold shoes and frilly shirts haha.

Okay enough of showing you my wardrobe :). We're off to a date and yep I'm wearing all new clothes haha.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it love it love it. Especially the shoes :)
    Maybe someday I'll do this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, WOW! I agree with Alisha up there...! *grin* Love it! And they'll be such fun to wear when it's finally properly warm and sunny outside! :o)

    ReplyDelete