Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Taxes!!

Okay so I've decided in the last month that doing taxes on a home renovation is possibly the most confusing and undefined thing ever. So first I did our taxes on Turbo Tax and I was about to send them in with the value on our second settlement statement (yes we have two, one from closing on the property and one from closing on the house) but I chickened out because it didn't say "purchase price of property" on it. So I called a tax guy my friend at work uses, he said he had no idea. He asked all his coworkers, they had no idea. He said call the IRS. Note to self, never try this again. First I was on hold for 15 minutes till I got someone who asked me how they could direct my call. I told them home buyer credit, they transfered me and then I got a message saying we're sorry but due to the volume of calls we are dropping your call. Why now I was thinking? Why not when I first called? Stupid automated phone systems. So I called back a few days later and finally got through to a real person who repeated the form for me which I had already read several times, it says nothing about what we did. But apparently she thought it did because she just kept repeating the same thing over and over again so I hung up. Finally I just decided to efile the taxes and then ammend for the house credit. At least this way I'll get some money back asap and I'l see if I ever get the house credit part of it back again. Probably not, oh well.

Yeah for taxes. I feel like saying no taxation without representation, which one of the senators did what I did the past four months? Ha yes I know that is ridiculous. Just needed to vent :).

No comments:

Post a Comment