Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Getting Ready for the PARTY

Alright so this weekend is our first big party! Okay by that I mean we did open invitation to everyone in the church to come see our house in north tulsa and have a barbecue cook out. We're tying it with a Rebuild Tulsa event to try to get more people to help in north tulsa and also to convince some people that you don't need a gun to come north of 41st street. I'm sorry but the world does not exist only south of woodland hills mall. Ha okay mini rant on the suburbs done :). So in efforts to get ready, and also just for fun, we've been doing a little decorating! Okay mostly Spencer's just been putting up curtain rods and dry wall screws for me. He didn't do the sea shell arrangements I promise.

I love the ocean in case you can't tell from the blues and the sea shells everywhere. I wish my house were on the beach but instead you'll just have to use your imagination :).

Lovely curtains we reused from our bedroom in our rent house. I think they worked out pretty well with our new dining room color.

And last but not least our wedding picture is finally up! We are officially married haha.

Okay so on another note, we've been taking a gardening class! And yes the average age in the class is probably 60. We are by far the youngest people there. I don't think I've ever heard so many happy sighs over slides of shrubs. And also we're pretty convinced this garden guy is on speed or doesn't have to ever breathe or something because he literally didn't pause for two straight hours of listing all the shrubs that grow well in Oklahoma and anything you'd ever want to know about them. It is pretty fun though to get all excited about landscaping. And also we definitely have a date planned to the Linnaes Teaching garden. You should google it, it's pretty sweet! Alright, time to hit the sack, dishes are washing, cleaning is mostly done, and bath mats are in the washer. We might just be ready by saturday, since I've already decided the spare bedroom is just going to be full of junk. There is just no way around it :).

No comments:

Post a Comment