Sunday, April 25, 2010

Success! And my legs hurt . .

Alright so the party was a big success! Thanks to all my peeps who brought salad and deserts and beer and laughter and yes I know peeps is 90's but whatever. I think we had almost 50 people in our house yesterday afternoon and it was awesome! We had our old bathtub all full of beer and soda and water, and Spencer grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and we all just hung out and took tours of our remodeled crib (again I know I'm ridiculous) and ate delicious food and talked about house remodeling stories and gardening and everything else you can think of. The brennan girls were outside with hungry hungry hippo and volleyballs and i think even a baseball, although I swear I did not give them that, someone else must have :). We also decided, thanks to the new round of TU kids, that our shed would be the perfect place for a hot tub and a retractable glass roof. Next time I win the lottery I'm on it! I think the biggest compliment we got was that our house looks like it came straight off HGTV! woo hoo thanks! And biggest accomplishment: we did not run out of food! I'm telling you I was having mini nightmares about hungry unhappy people wandering around the house haha. Oh and also we didn't need air conditioning which was another of my nightmares, hungry unhappy wilting people!

I think heaven will be something like yesterday. Okay don't read into that too much. It was just pretty awesome to spend the morning helping out an elderly lady with a bunch of Redeemer people, think SOS but not quite so dirty, and then getting to spend the evening laughing and eating and talking with people of all ages, some of whom I hadn't even met until yesterday morning. But I liked all of them :) and it just felt right. Maybe the only non heaven like thing was all the mud I had to sweep off the floor after the party but it was totally worth it :). Oh and also how my legs are really sore today from all the standing and climbing up and down step stools to do paint edging. That will definitely not happen in heaven!

Alright I'm off to enjoy the beautiful sunshine in Tulsa today. Front porches are AWESOME!

2 comments:

  1. Aww Jen. This makes me smile. I love your descriptions of your house and the party, ha. Beer in the bathtub- always a plus. Heaven is like that, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree--and Heaven will be even better. :o) Sounds like an absolutely delightful time. Glad your house has finally had a proper christening.

    ReplyDelete