Sunday, March 28, 2010

Before and After

Before
After


So I was looking through pictures with some friends of ours in the last couple of weeks and just reminded of how far we have come! So even if we have thirty boxes left to unpack and half the windows left to clean and forty hours of manual labor in the yard just to get it cleaned up (that's not even counting all the landscaping plans we have for it), we have come a LONG way since we started on this project back in October.
So this past weekend my parents came and it was conventiently snowing outside, yes that is Oklahoma weather for you. My mom and I got to work on house projects while Dad and Spencer umm got more manly aka watched a bunch of hours of march madness. I tackled boxes while my mom cleaned half the windows in the house! She even ventured out onto the porch to clean the outside of some of them in the snow. That's a good mother for you :). Slowly but surely we are getting there. We ordered Roman shades for the bedroom so hopefully by the end of the week the lovely crack house sheets will be down from the windows hahah.
Some projects we've been working on in the mean time:
Okay this really isn't too my credit because who am I kidding God's making the little seeds grow, but I did put them in the dirt :). It's the beginnings of our sweet pepper and herb garden! Spencer gave me these seeders for valentine's day and most of them have come up. Now all I need to do is a little pruning so that each box only has one seedling. In a couple more weeks it'll be outside with these little babies :). And yes I realize the picture is sideways but in the file it is definitely showing up the right direction so I don't know what blogger is doing.


We've also hung our lovely old cabinets (yes the ones from above freshly painted) in the laundry room so now we have a place to store all the cleaning and repair necessities. The floor does not count as storage place :).And our newly shelved closet. Okay I don't think that is the right use of shelved but whatever. After a week or so of not having the right parts Spencer finally got it all settled and we now have a place to put tools and wrapping paper and games and umm whatever else has no where else to go!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, its gorgeous. I want to come visit and unpack things. Your plants are lovely, I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good. :)
    Love the cute little plants.

    ReplyDelete