Saturday, April 10, 2010

Extreme Spring Cleaning and . . . My New Friend!

Alright so first off it is SPRING finally! I seriously think I get seasonal depression, or at least seasonal annoyance. Every spring when the sun is out and things are blooming I feel a million times better about all of life. I've decided it is entirely appropriate that Easter happens in spring, new life in several different ways. Okay enough philosophical talk for now.

Okay so while it's nice out and we don't have to pay to keep our house cool, we decided (okay I forced Spencer to help me because I was annoyed by the mess) to clean out our creepy, someone had to have died here room next to the attic. If you've been in our house you know it is sorely lacking in closet space (apparently back in the day they had way less junk, umm I mean all important boxes of college books and notes and decorations for different seasons and sleeping bags and dorm room furniture okay you get the picture). So we've decided this creepy attic room needs to be where we put the bulk of our things that aren't needed every day. So we started tackling it and quickly discovered we were going to need different attire.

TA DA:

Our lovely make shift dust masks. Basically there were junks of dry wall and pieces of wood and inches of dust all over the floor and it started being impossible to breathe, so we improvized :).

Yep somehow all I could find that was long enough to go around my head was this lovely scarf :).

Just some of the junk we had to carry down the stairs! Random pieces of wood, an old door, leftover hard wood floor pieces from the spare bedroom, dry wall chunks, pieces of pipe, insulation, nails, and more dust!

See how we thought it was a torture room?!?

Well no more! Now it is a mostly clean, definitelyl organized storage room full of plastic bins of our stuff! Talk about sense of accomplishment :). And also sense of sore legs . . . okay bad wording but whatever, basically we took so many trips up and down stairs that I definitely got a leg workout.

Okay on a completely different note, most of you know I gave up alot marrying Spencer, mainly I lost the opportunity to ever own a cat!!!!! I know travesty, I really had to think about that one pretty hard, Spencer or cute little kitty roaming around the house :).
Well now I can have both!!! Well mostly at least :). Meet our neighbors' outdoor cat that used to live in our house, so pretty much our porch is her domain. Every day we come home from work and she wants to be petted and purrs and purrs when I hold her and rubs on my legs if I'm out reading on the porch chairs. It just makes me so happy! And Spencer happy because I'm happy without him having to take allergy medicine for the rest of his life, or without us having to spend 20 grand on a hypoallerginic baby cheetah. Yes that is a real thing, google it.


Alright time to do some recipe looking. We've finally gone on a budget, yes I know we're a little behind but mortgage is now a part of our vocabulary so it must be done :). So as a part of trying to make budgeting fun, I'm looking for new recipes to try so we don't eat out all the time. Wish me luck!






3 comments:

  1. bahahaha wow I feel like you were on crack when you wrote this :) or probably just spring happiness. I love the hypoallergenic cheetah idea... maybe I should get one... whenever I get off a budget :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, crack or spring happiness! :o) Those dust masks are pretty amazing, especially yours. Bet no construction guy ever wore anything as psychedelic as that. *grin* And glad you now have a pretend cat! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. um no what you missed was me deciding this is crap no matter which direction I go, and I don't have time for it, and the car still runs so why the heck am I looking for a new one. may it run until I get out of grad school and become a rich and famous counselor so I can get my mini cooper.

    ReplyDelete