Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Well . . .

Okay so first of all apparently my camera is obsolete. I tried going to Target and Walgreens and neither carries my camera battery anymore. So I have to wait for it to ship from amazon and there wasn't a fast shipping option! Basically I'll have to put up pics from the iphone till I get my battery! So be prepared :).

Alright so the real house news. We had a little heart to heart with our contractor yesterday afternoon about if he was going to finish on time and if he was on budget. The poor guy looked like he had never been more distressed in his life but basically he's more than a few thousand over budget and he can't finish unless he gets more money from us. So we freaked out (not with him right there thankfully, we managed to stay relatively calm for that and just ask a bunch of questions about where all we had gone over and what we could do about it; he just said he was thankful we didn't scream at him and run him out of the house angrily) and then we decided we should probably just talk to the bank before we freaked out too much. Turns out banks like loaning money, as long as your house is worth that much and you agree to pay it back later with interest ;). Thankfully our house had appraised for quite a bit more than what we were putting in to it in construction costs so we were good. We just good old BOK quite a bit more than we were planning on. Guess we'll be eating more Ramen!!

So tomorrow we're getting one of DMo's clients to come give us a quote on the floor refinishing and they're still working on the kitchen! I can't wait to put up the picks of all the installed cabinets!! Hopefully they'll be done with it tomorrow and then they can install the countertops!!! We did talk to our contractor about timing and it looks like we can still get it done by the due date for the bank!

2 comments:

  1. As usual, I'm a little behind in my reading of your blog. Sorry about your car! :( It was nice to see a pic of you in one of the photos though! :) More pics of Jenny! And Spencer cracks me up! I think I would have died if I tried that. Your house is looking lovely! So exciting! We found one that we'd love to buy. Too bad it would probably cost about $2 Million NZ. Oh well. Maybe in 20 years or so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of Dmo's clients??? interesting :)

    ReplyDelete