Sunday, January 3, 2010

Me gustan sus herramientos :)

Alright most important things first! You'll just have to wait to know the meaning of the post title for a few seconds, or you can scan ahead and cheat haha. Our new window ~ our contractor did a great job of matching the style of the old windows in the rest of the house while still managing to give us a beautiful new window!

From the inside looking out. Perfect for spying on the neighbors or making sure our future german shepherd puppy hasn't managed to weasle its way out of the yard. Ha ha.

And the moment we've all been waiting for . . . hold your breath . . . the drywalling has started! And is almost done already! The crew was in there for not even a day and a half and we had walls everywhere again!
Whoops almost forgot the other important part ~ the lovely insulation which is now underneath all the dry wall. You could already tell a difference in how warm the house was even though there was snow on the ground outside. No more cracks in the side with wind blowing through them giving you never ending sinus infections! Okay that was probably just a coincidence but I'm going to blame it on the cold.

Our reconstructed arches. Maybe not part of the original house architecture but it was like that when we bought the house so we decided to put them back again. Concession to our contractor, we will not be asking for crown molding around the arches :).

Okay these might be boring to most people, but we thought they were pretty cool ~ the stilts the dry walling crew used to put up the ceilings again. Yes our house is pretty much a walking circus all the time. I'm not sure much is going to change once we move in. Ha ha. Okay so the title of the post, I was thinking I should practice my spanish with our dry wallers. No I'm not stereotyping, they were speaking spanish when we walked in :). I thought it'd be funny to say me gustan sus herramientos but decided telling them I liked their tools could come out sounding really wrong hahaha.


More dry wall around our fire place and our new window! Can you tell I'm excited about this yet?

And random thing. So our contractor was trying to get us to get all new windows, but we told him no we like the old ones. He said alright but I'm telling you I've never seen a new window ice on the inside! He was right, all the upstairs windows were dripping on the inside when we went to check out the new dry wall. I still think they're prettier :).


4 comments:

  1. ah ha ha, you crack me up. love this so much. and you. ok ok ill post something new. and call you. both (with an l of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rachael. You make me laugh! :) I don't remember to check this all the time, but I need to! I love the new window! I can't believe there wasn't one there. It just seems like an obvious place to have a window. And I think the kitchen stuff looks great! Nice choice on the floor. One of both of our least favorite jobs is cleaning floors. Good thing Sophia crawls around so much now. She can mop up with her clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, windows in our house did that, too, the week of Christmas! We totally had ice *inside* the house, which was really weird. Love that new big window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The window is FANTASTIC!! It looks so great with the drywall!! Wow!! It really looks like a house doesn't it!! Aren't you excited????

    Oh, and I have lived most of my life in a house where ice sat on the inside of the window - it's not so bad - makes you tough!!

    ReplyDelete