Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hello Cabinets!!! Goodbye good old civic . . .

Alright they are here!! And I have pictures!! And then a little reminiscing on the last three years with my cheerful little civic . . . just for Alisha :) and for everyone who's ever taken a ride in it with me.

Our beautiful new cherry cabinets! Okay this is the clearest picture I have because then my camera died and we resorted to phone pictures. I'll get clearer ones sometime this weekend if we're not snowed in. Which by the way is why I'm posting this at 3:15 in the afternoon! They closed our office early because we're supposed to get really bad weather here in the next couple of hours. Anyway that's my long explanation for all of you wondering why I'm posting during work hours :). The installation process begins!

From lots of different angles . . .


Okaky so these are out of order a little, but I knew you'd just skip down to the cabinet pictures anyway haha. Here is our new tile floor right before they started installing cabinets. They'll grout it after the cabinets are installed.


And Spencer admiring the work from the other angle. This is the same tile that's going to be in our washing room and also in the back sun room/breakfast nook. I can't wait! Goodbye awful linoleum and asbestos tiles! Bring on the easy to clean ceramic tiles!!

Oh and one more small change. Notice the door . . . anyone remember this door? Look oddly familiar? It used to be in the front of the house where the new window is covered up by siding and doing nothing but looking strange! So we moved it to the back and it's now the door between the master bedroom and the sun room! Notice all the new trim around the windows and the doors too (the reason why they haven't painted yet).



Okay so the sad part of my week. Last week we wrecked my car on the BA and then found out it would cost more to fix it then it was worth, so now Geico owns my civic and we're car hunting. Sadness. But here are some of my favorite memories from my first car!
- my all time favorite:
when I first bought the car I took it over to show the Knorr kids and Josh was out in the yard and wanted to be the first one to be in it, so I drove him around the block and he stuck his head out the moon window and screamed like a little girl, ha it made me smile
-driving along the beach with Alisha and Ange and Shannon at summer conference one night when we weren't supposed to be gone but we just needed to get out and smell the sea breeze and listen to some crazy music :)
-scaring evelyn with my bad driving skills while jamming out to Hilary Duff with all the windows open ha yes I am a closet fan, it's fun driving music :)
-driving to summer conference and back a few times, scaring everyone by driving angrily through the woods on what we later found out was just a walking trail, not made for cars haha
-driving out to look at stars in Owasso with Alisha only to find out it was cloudy so we had to sit in the car and just talk
-walking out of a QT and not knowing where my car was, realizing I had forgotten to put on the parking break and some random man had stopped it from rolling into a gas pump and exploding haha
-driving to Stillwater and back just for mexican or thai food
-running all the stop signs at TU on numerous occasions
-driving to Colorado and back with Dmac Spencer and Alisha, not sure I liked the endless hours of Lord of the Rings that much but whatever
-comparing our car to all the corvettes on corvette weekend in Eureka springs, trying to trade it with some people who might have been intoxicated haha it didn't quite work
-dropping it into fourth gear and totally whipping DMo's butt on the highway, but then again he did have too many speeding tickets and if he got another one he'd be going to jail so maybe he just chickened out, but for the record I still got to a higher top speed
-hitting over 100 on the turnpike because I had to pee so bad and then missing the first free exit!
Okay I think that's enough for now. Anyway I loved this car and I'm sad to see it go, but I guess I'm one step closer to that one series :).


2 comments:

  1. Aw, Jenny, now I'm very much missing those wonderful times in that car--and your absolutely INSANE driving! *grin*

    Lovely cabinets, by the way. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA. Those stories just made me laugh outloud. I love you. Want to fly to St. Louis tonight? Or I can just drive halfway tomorrow morning and we can get breakfast in the Ozarks?!

    ReplyDelete