Friday, January 10, 2014

Partying It Up on a Friday Night

Okay not really partying, unless you count putting Noah to sleep at 7, eating some yummy chicken and roasted veggies, chatting with Spencer about the slopes, cleaning the bathroom, sweeping the house, cleaning up the dishes, and then settling down to two and half hours of reading about the Eagle Ford shale while drinking wine and eating chocolate as partying.  So yeah not partying.  But we are making it.  Also, I enjoy reading technical papers about shales.  I know I'm weird.  I just tried to forget that it was Friday night and that I was stuck in my house with a sleeping baby and then it really wasn't that bad.  Sort of like a late night cramming for finals party in college except even better because now I get paid to study and now I can afford a glass of wine and chocolate instead of digging around for enough quarters for a cup of black coffee.  

So putting together an exersaucer should get you a gold medal.  Especially putting together an exersaucer with Noah trying to crawl onto the half built toy while Blitzy tries to lick him to death!  I only finished about half of it this afternoon, and then I couldn't find one of the leg pieces and was resigned to having to drive to the other side of town tomorrow to exchange it for one with all the pieces.  Then later tonight while I was sweeping Blitzy kept scratching under the armoire to try and get a toy that was stuck underneath and lo and behold when I got down on the ground to get her toy it turned out to the be the missing piece to the exersaucer that she had sneakily grabbed earlier in the day while I was trying to keep Noah from stabbing himself with the screwdriver I left on the floor while building the contraption. I guess cleaning is occasionally good for something other than satisfying OCD tendencies (which oddly enough when it comes to dog hair I really don't have).

Noah's been a champ the last three days.  He's been really happy, full of grins and smiles and smirks.  He's napped pretty well (especially on the drive to and from Norman!) and he's gone to bed early.  I think crawling is wearing his little self out :).  He's just so ridiculously adorable and every time he crawls over to me and grabs on my boots I about melt.  I know, I know where did the mushiness come from?! 

Okay well I better head to sleep considering babies do not understand the concept of weekends. Rach comes tomorrow though!  And we're going to do our second long run in our training program for the 10k.  And it's supposed to be 55 and sunny!  

Oh I just remembered one other funny thing.  Wednesday night after drinking a glass of wine before going to bed I had all kinds of crazy dreams.  One involved going into Noah's room in the morning, and he was out of the crib and running around!!  I had left too much stuff piled by the crib and he had somehow managed to crawl down the pile of stuff and get to the floor and then proceeded to figure out how to walk and run.  And he was no bigger than he is now so it was like a weird tiny midget baby running around haha.  Oh wine dreams.  I am getting old.  Since when is 27 old?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment