Monday, June 17, 2013

Waking Up

Well I feel like what everyone said would happen is starting to happen.  I feel like I'm coming out of the new baby daze.  There were definite times during the last five weeks when I thought I was not going to survive (yes I know so dramatic, it's amazing what your sleep deprived and oddly hormonal brain will convince you of).  But now I feel a little like my old self again.  I'm wanting to make to do lists again (even if they are only one thing per day like today I'm paying bills, tomorrow I'm going to the bank, day after that maybe a grocery store run).  Spencer and I are both feeling a little antsy and like maybe we would like to re-enter society.  Now we just have to figure out how to do that in three hour chunks . . . either that or we might be having alot of people over for dinner while Noah sleeps in the back room. So if you want to have a dinner night or a game night at our house let us know!!


Noah is also waking up from the newborn stage.  So far it doesn't look like he's going to take that long of naps during the day, but that's okay considering he's now able to sit in his reclining chair basinet thing and just flail his arms around and make funny noises and faces while he "watches" me eat breakfast and get ready for the day.  It's pretty fun to just sit him in his queen of sheba  chair (okay inside family joke) and have him be cute while I'm also able to actually do something other than hold him and look at him and hope he doesn't start crying for some unidentifiable reason!  He is also sleeping one five to six hour chunk at night!!! Which is AMAZING.  Although now I need my body to let me sleep that long. I've been waking up a few hours into the five hour stretch convinced I already fed him and feel asleep while doing it and that he's in the bed with us even though I never feed him in the bed!!  Weird how your mind works.


Look at the little cutie!!  Oh also he's SMILING!!!  I'm starting to see how this could be rewarding ;).

P.S.  Noah had his frenulum clipped (translation: his tongue was attached too closely to the front of his mouth which was making it hard for him to get good suction while breast feeding).  We are really, really hoping and praying this will make everything easier.  And that I'll be able to stop using bottles and my pump and formula unless I just really need a break or a night away.

P.P.S We got a chess set.  Well "Noah" got one for Spencer for father's day.  We'll see how long before it causes marital issues . . . 

P.P.P.S  I love driving my mom car.  It is so awesome and makes everything a little less stressful.

P.P.P.P.S  Family and community are awesome.  So many people have made me feel loved.  And even though my little control freak self really doesn't like admitting I need help, it's been really, really nice to be taken care of for the last month. So thanks for dealing with my tired, sleep deprived, only recently not an engineer full time self.

1 comment:

  1. Everything here makes me so happy. You're an incredible mother. And sister... at least now that we aren't 12 and 13. Miss you three already!

    ReplyDelete