Thursday, June 20, 2013

Adapting

This pace of life is interesting. Everything broken down into three hour chunks (on a good day - not a day like today, a day when I'm not trying to wean Noah off bottles and I'm trying to guess if he's waking up from his naps hungry after only 45 minutes or so of sleeping or just because he heard some noise and really he would go back to sleep).  I think we're going to figure it out.  I'm figuring out how to break things down into short tasks, so I don't feel too overwhelmed if I have to stop in the middle of something to go check on Noah.  Half done projects really bug me.  Especially if they mean the kitchen table is covered in stuff!  

Now if I could just figure out how to not be walking around on eggshells when he's sleeping constantly wondering if my free time is almost up . . .  oh the joys of parenting :). Scratch that, if I could nap while he's napping that would be even more amazing.  Too bad I have never been a napper.  My brain thinks of all the things I'd rather be doing with the daylight!

My backyard is looking so colorful right now.  I finally prewashed all my cloth diapers this afternoon.  The directions say to prewash them three to five times.  I think that's a bit ridiculous.  Noah is just about big enough to fit in them!  He'll still look pretty ridiculous in them I think, but they say 8 lbs and up on the packaging and I'm down to my last pack of diapers that friends gave us pre baby, so I figure this is as good a time as ever to give it a go!  


Plus I mean look they are just so cute :)


I gave Noah a bath this afternoon and he smells so good.  Which is probably good because he's being a little whiny today and he was hungry at 1:30 am and 4:30 am last night after a string of nights where he only got up once in the middle of the night. 

Also, he rolled over this morning.  I know he's a genius baby.  I knew it.  

:)

1 comment:

  1. aaaah i have to come see you again to see the wonder-baby!

    ReplyDelete