Monday, June 24, 2013

Full Disclosure

Sometimes I try to do too many things at once.  I think my job at Cimarex was a convenient excuse for me to let this part of my personality run wild.  Okay I'm not trying to excuse it, I'm just saying multitasking like crazy and squeezing a million things into a short amount of time has it's perks when you're an engineer with deadlines that include finishing all your work while simultaneously keeping a pretty powerpoint ready at all times in case the execs show up and want to see your progress on a moments notice, okay a two hour leer jet ride from Denver notice.

Anyway last week I tried to do too many things at once.  Combined with not much sleep this didn't make for the prettiest of pictures.  I'm still weaning Noah off formula supplements, which means I'm still pumping when I can.  I think it's almost over, but it's been slow going.  I can definitely see progress but my goodness he'll be six weeks tomorrow and this has been quite the ordeal.  We decided to start sleep training Noah a few days ago.  Which means we let him cry for 15 minutes in the middle of the night to try and get him to learn to self soothe.  And not wake up every night at 3:00 am.  I also thought oh he's finally 8 lbs let's try cloth diapers.  Oh and did I mention I can't really nap in the middle of the day?  So yes by Saturday I was run pretty ragged.  Good thing Spencer has figured out when what I probably need is just a solid chunk of sleep.

So he's taking over the midnight feedings for now.  At least till we've weaned Noah off the 3 am feedings.

And we all three took a nap in our bed on Saturday.  (Noah slept in the carrier on Spencer's chest haha).

And cloth diapers are on hold for now.  It was too much.  Even though they really were pretty easy for the day and a half we used them.  I've decided once I'm officially not pumping (except for date nights and random afternoons I need a break) I'll go back to the cloth diapers, till then I'm trying to cut myself some slack.

Also, this morning I tried to get stamps to mail thank you letters.  The post office automated thing was out of order.  Go figure.  So if you are waiting on a thank you card, you'll be waiting longer ;).

1 comment:

  1. If you are waiting on a thank you card, who are you and why don't you get a hobby?!?
    Hahaha oh my. I sure hope that ppl are more gracious than to expect a thank you card from a new mom...

    ReplyDelete