Thursday, March 15, 2012

Favorite Things

Okay it's been another long week at the office. A bunch of coworkers are leaving next week for spring break trips to the mountains or to the beach, but we are staying here for now. So in order to not feel quite so gloomy or overwhelmed by my to do list, I've decided to make a list of some of my favorite things in the last few weeks.

1. Yoga - I used to think it was overrated and too slow paced, but as my coworker said "yeah I think I would pay 30 bucks to lay on a mat somewhere." Okay it's really not just laying there, it's a pretty tiring workout, but it's also so relaxing and my back and shoulders feel so much less tense after it. Try it :).

2. Fruit and brie on salads - I've been bringing salads to work a bunch and adding whatever fruit I get for the week from this co-op I get produce from and it has been delicious! So light and fresh and it never gives you that mid afternoon nap time feeling (you know the Mexican induced coma haha).

3. Our window seat! I'm still looking for the right fabric for a cushion, but it just makes the room look so much more balanced!





4. Topeca lattes - umm I may have gone more than once in a day this week. Yeah I told you it was a bad week! Okay really I think I've hooked all my coworkers on it and now they fight over who gets to get coffee with me. It's pretty funny :).


5. Wearing shorts!! Yep you read that right :). This afternoon I wore shorts while we walked to the dog park and it was awesome. 80 in March is totally fine with me.


6. Community group and women's Bible study. This semester has been good. Lots of discussions on how marriage feels so unnatural sometimes and lots of "oh my goodness that happens to you guys too?" kind of moments. Also lots of pinteresting and talking about babies. I don't mind listening :). I'll be all informed someday when we take the plunge.


7. Colorful skinny belts. And colorful pants . Yep I've happily joined the craze.



8. Puppies. And no we did not get a new dog, I just got to hold a friend's new golden and it was precious. And, also way calmer than Blitz ever was :). Gotta love my fiesty, dominant dog haha.






Okay time to frost some cupcakes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this just makes me miss you so much! Your window seat is gorgeous and that puppy is perfect. Your description of yoga = accurate. And I always knew you and Amanda were so much more stylish than me... I will never own colored jeans. But then I said that about skinny jeans too. LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dog looks like a stuffed animal. :o)

    Your window seat grows more and more amazing every time I come look at this blog.... Wow.

    Miss you, too, friend! :o)

    ReplyDelete