Monday, March 12, 2012

Farmer's Tans

Last week was a long, hard work week for both Spencer and I. Too many things to be done, too little time, too many people making work harder. So, we decided to sneak off for a three day weekend for a little time away from the computers and the phones and the two month long to do lists (yes now it's not just a month long to do list, it's a two month long to do list!!).

We had a bunch of recommendations for this place called Big Cedar Lodge outside of Branson. Since the recommendations did not all come from 65 year olds with a soft spot for musicals, we decided to try it out :). It was beautiful!!




There were these really pretty cascading falls throughout the whole place and it was just really peaceful and relaxing. Throughout the week I had been checking the weather and was bummed because it was supposed to rain a bunch. I mean, I like to curl up with a good book and listen to the rain too, but I was really wanting to soak up some sun!


Turns out it was sunny and gorgeous on Friday and Saturday!! So yep, we sat outside and read books and drank coffee (okay that was the one not so great part of the trip. The latte was not so bueno. I took the lid off my cup and all I could see was white foam haha). And . . . we got farmer's tans!!! We both sat facing one direction for so long that we both had really red left arms by the end of Saturday. Well red except for the spot where Spencer's watch was ;). Yeah for the first tan of the year!


We had lots of time to talk and take walks around the grounds, oh and a pretty long hike/wash around table rock lake and up to the dam. It was just so, so nice outside. Definitely an answer to my prayers throughout the week for sunny weather.

Mom, this one's for you: pretty tree alert!! ;) The dogwoods are in full bloom right now and they are so gorgeous. Okay in case you can't tell I really, really eat up blue skies and sun :).


Ha, this picture just made me smile. Sporting the neighborhood pride! Speaking of which, we might be getting another set of friends moving in the neighborhood! Apparently something about TU must have made all us want to live in the same type of neighborhood. Either that or we are just awesome haha.


Alright, my brain is finally telling me the time change is real and going to bed at midnight on a Monday night is probably not the best way to stay destressed in light of a two month to do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment