Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday Afternoon Musings

Just some pretty random things floating around in my head right now.

I want to try reupholstering our dining room chairs.  Which is making me think about painting the dining room and redoing it a bit.  Which is making me remember that painting is not my strong point.  I've learned about myself I love finishing tasks more than I love having them be exactly perfect.  I warned you this was random :).

This morning I walked with another new mom friend and it was so, so gorgeous out.  I'm sorry if you aren't a high 80's kind of person, but I think it's lovely and invigorating, especially with the breeze blowing off the river.  After the walk I had an iced latte and enjoyed some more sun while Noah cooed and laughed and I talked to the coffee shop guy about how his boyfriend is an OB and whether or not that makes them want to have kids.  He said first they want to travel the world and I thought oh travel how I would love to be booking a trip to Ireland right now ;).  Sidenote (as if this could get more random): I sent a picture of Noah with his passport to my boss because I know he loves traveling and he said his daughter had gone to 20 countries with them before she went to first grade.  Umm yes please.   I actually do have 2 trips with Noah already planned but they are just stateside for now . . .

Maybe I should have labeled this post stream of conscience on a Wednesday afternoon haha.

I asked my work about doing part time from home.  This got me thinking about officially working on the back room and making it into a sunroom/office/spare bedroom.  Cue hours (okay maybe 20 minutes) looking at Pinterest and laughing about wall art like "work hard and be nice to people."

We've also been trying to actually budget.  I know fun times.  We are not so good at it, but I am a numbers person so I do think I might get used to it.  I just don't think cutting coupons is ever going to be my thing.  I do like meal planning though.  And I like gardening.  And I have all day to brainstorm about free or cheap dates, so it could work out.

And this is what happens when you have all day to yourself.  And by myself I mean with Noah, don't worry grandmas ;).


No comments:

Post a Comment