Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Whew! But In A Good Way

The last few weeks have been pretty busy.  So many activities, too little time.  But we've been having so much fun!  So even though I'm tired, I think it's a good - I really like my life right now - kind of tired.  Let's see if I can even remember what all we've been up to. 

Two weekends ago was Skeet and Jordan's wedding.  It was outside in July and it was so beautiful. They had a lake in the background and the breeze was blowing and they looked so cute and happy and YOUNG.  Okay I have to admit that I'm starting to feel just a little old.  Graduating seniors at TU now look like babies to me.   Here we are not looking so much like babies anymore :).



We had so much partying with all our church friends out on the deck, drinking lots of Riesling (sorry Skeet I drank more than my 1.5 glasses haha), talking all about life, about their kids and about how someday our future (hopefully) kids are going to force me to chill out some, about going back to school someday, about our crazy stages of life, about going to the next wedding in Colorado!!!  Sidenote:  we can't wait to go to Nick and Ruth's wedding in Salida!!  Bring on the non 116 degree weather and the mountains.  Another sidenote:  in case you haven't figured this out about me yet I really love vacations and traveling.  In fact when we talk about having kids someday I really think it is one of my biggest concerns - how are we still going to go on sweet vacations?!  I know, I know I need to chill out :). 


So let's see after Skeet's wedding it was partying with Amy and the moores on Sunday night, then yoga and Bible study and basketball on Monday night, then softball double header on Tuesday night,  Wednesday night I can't remember what we did, then a dinner party with three new couples we've met through church softball on Thursday(they are so cool by the way, super fun to hang out with even though we just met them!), then Lana Thai and Dark Night Rising on Fright night with the Moore's and Joni and Tim (more new friends!!) for David's bday, and then Saturday morning after sleeping in (i know go figure we were tired hahah) it was off to middle of nowhere Arkansas to see my sis and her boyfriend and all their fun loving peeps.

Arkansas was lots of fun too!  We had delicious food multiple times, lots of fun swimming and drinking beer and commiserating over how women with careers really don't have an easy go once they have kids.  Something needs to change there.  I think maybe we are at a critical mass, but the problem is someone has to the be the one, or probably multiple someones have to be the ones to push the status quo and ask for more flexible schedules and more flexible carerrs.  We are not men.  Even if the bosses like to act like we are.  Okay sorry tangent.  We also had so much fun driving around with Dan and Rach, listening to Africa with Dan's dog Rocky laying in my lap (why won't Blitz do that?!!), seeing all the beautiful back roads of Arkansas.  I see why people live here.  So much slower a pace of life.

Then it was back to Tulsa and off to the races again.  Yoga and basketball again on Monday night but no Bible study.  I needed to get groceries!! And not get home at 10:30!! As it was we still didn't eat dinner till past 8!  Last night was so much drama with my little - story for another day.  And tonight, well tonight we are hanging out with some of our favorite people in the world.  David and David and Kathryn.  You know those people that don't require you cleaning your house?  That don't mind your giant dog?  That help you grate cheese and find their own glasses and wine?  And then don't mind while you take a shower and work on blogging while they watch olympic reruns and weird you tube videos?  We love them.

One last thing.  I got yellow Tom's!!! And I LOVE THEM. Okay enough random accounts of our lives for one day, time to eat DMac's mom's cake and watch men's sand volleyball.  Is it ironic to anyone that the olympics are an excuse to sit on the couth for a month? :)

2 comments:

  1. oh my word those are soooo cute!
    and yay for friends who find their own glasses and know you so well you can shower and blog while they watch videos... i miss all you guys!
    boo for drama... seems to come all at once huh?
    here's to more friends and riesling and less drama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it when you blog. Even if you fit it in between men's volleyball and Ryan Lochte. It was so fantastic to see you this weekend! Can't wait till its a bi-weekly event (thats what I decided it should be)!!

    ReplyDelete