Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lazy Summer Afternoon

Okay it is hot today.  We spent all morning DIYing our new church facility.  Okay that's a little extreme :).  But we did spend all morning on it - carrying multiple loads of trash to the dumpster, taking down old paper towel and soap dispensers, carrying lots of old paint cans to the "garage sale" room, sweeping up old tile, cleaning out the old storage facility.   The boys framed some new walls and took care of hoisting the heavy carpet roles into the dumpster and doing any other dirty work the rest of us stayed away from!

So this afternoon we're being lazy.  Pretty lazy.  We got Popeyes - yes I still think it is the most delicious fast food on the planet - and now we are sitting in the AC reading and blogging and answering personal emails (since apparently now my work days are way too crazy to even begin writing emails that are not work related, okay actually I do start them and then at 4:45 when I'm shutting down I see these half written emails that I was in the middle of when this meeting started or so and so called).

Okay so just some funny pictures for you today of our baby :).

This was Blitz "helping" me take a nap.  First I put her outside but she kept trying to open the front door, so then I put her back in her crate and she whined and cried and made all kinds of crazy noises, so I let her out to come by me and this is what happens.  Pretty much on my lap haha.


 Yep she's so good at taking naps :)


She also really loves the new window seat.  Any time our neighbor is outside this is her new favorite place to be, standing guard over the rest of the house :).


Yep, she's pretty awesome :).



Okay so other random thought for the day: I love having a summer garden.  It's so fun just to walk outside and think hmm what should I add to dinner tonight, some cherry tomatoes? On a salad? In pasta? On shrimp kabobs? Don't mind if I do.  Butternut squash? How about stuffing it with sausage and breadcrumbs and cheese? Yes please!  Basil, tomato salad? Yum Yum.  Stuffed peppers?  Mint in my iced tea?  Fresh lettuce salad for lunch?  Roasted poblano salsa?  The list seems endless and it's free!  And so fresh!!  And delicious :). This week I'm going to try making my own pasta sauce with cherry tomatoes, we'll see how it goes!   Too bad lattes don't grow in gardens, I'd be so much less poor haha.

1 comment:

  1. yum, my mouth is watering and i'm sad we don't have a [good] garden! the 3 vegetables we planted are looking pathetic :) love the idea of a latte tree!!!

    ReplyDelete