Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bucket Lists

It is beautiful in Tulsa today.  80 and breezy at lunch time.  Last week it was 115 and sauna like at lunch time.  Ironically, I'm fighting off a cold today.  Who knew, colds and sinus issues in August.  So I've been ordered by my kind husband who takes better care of me than I would myself, to not run a million errands today and to just rest.  So I ran one errand to get our co-op food and called it a comprimise :).  Blitz and I are just sitting out on the front porch enjoying the glorious day.  Now if only I had a porch swing bed like thing that I've seen on pinterest . . . hmm maybe I need to add that to the bucket list.

Okay so the other night Spencer and I were talking about bucket lists.  What do you guys think, do they need to be realistic goals? Like things you think you can actually accomplish, it would just take a whole life time to get to all of them?  Okay this is vague, I'll just tell you our lists so far and you can judge if they are unrealistic haha.

Spencer
- go scuba diving
- be a part owner or an owner of a business
- be asked to speak at a conference

Jenny
- drive an aston martin (not own one, just drive one!)
- hike northern Ireland (thanks to Evelyn!  which by the way we saw her and Scott last night and it was wonderful.  I just wish they didn't live so far away!!)
- see the Grand Canyon, okay this is actually on both of our lists, how convenient :)
- have a kid, also on both of our lists, again convenient ;)
- have a backyard we can enjoy (I know you're thinking, what in the current state it's not enjoyable?!)
- be able to access 800 million dollars of credit instantly - okay so this is where I started wondering how realistic do the bucket lists have to be.  So the CEO of our company can access that much money just by picking up the phone, how awesome would that be?!  So I'm putting it on my bucket list.  Probably not appropriate, but you never know right? ;)

Okay that's where we got to the other night.  For the record I had been thinking about it for a couple of days before I sprung it on Spencer that we should talk about our bucket lists, so I had more time to brainstorm :).  I'm sure we'll keep adding as we go.  Any new things on your bucket lists lately?

I'm off to read some more Ray Bradbury.  I just finished Illustrated Man this week, and I loved it.  Short stories may be my new favorite thing.  They don't require you remembering what you read last night while you were falling alseep ;).


2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts. Thanks for sharing. Reflecting on goals and giving thanks for the answered prayer in our life helps to keep perspective while looking forward to the next chapters that may lay ahead. I can't believe it's been 4 years since your graduation and marriage. God has been, indeed, gracious. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think those are great and reasonable lists! (except maybe the last one? but i don't know anything about credit...) we share at least three bucket list items: 1) grand canyon 2) europe 3) owning a business (coffee roastery/bike shop!) let me know if you have any further short story recommendations! :)

    ReplyDelete