Monday, September 3, 2012

The Beautiful Noise Of . . . High Pitched Screaming

It is so hot today.  I want to work in the yard.  I want to go places.  I want to enjoy the great outdoors before the fall gets crazy and it's Thanksgiving and Christmas before I know it.  But, it's 108 degrees out, and it's making me feel so worn out!  So instead I'm listening to the new Avett Brother's new CD compliments of NPR's first listen while reading about canning and preserving - oh and talking to Alisha, that made me a little less ho hum haha.

So Saturday we decided to have a little cookout, well okay not really little.  Little would be like Spencer and I and a friend, instead we had a bunch of our neighbor friends including the Brennans.  We kind of like to all act like we are still in college and now we just have really big dorm rooms across from each other and on campus jobs that pay enough for us to stock the fridge with things that didn't come from the C-store. I digress.  But for the record, living within walking distance of the people that stood in your wedding is pretty awesome.  Hint, hint all you who are not here, you should probably just move on over here ;).

So we had these lovely girls over also.  And they are so loud.  And so full of life, and it was making me remember why I love little kids.  I really do!  And I don't mind the screaming, I think it's music to my ears to think they are so full of life, so excited about things like coloring books that also have Cinderella and Ariel stickers!!  Oh and styrofoam guns.  Yep they completely took apart the game cabinet and found our "Cash and Guns" game, complete with fake guns.  Let the party begin :).  They kept running around shooting eachother, well all except lizzy who kept the gun in her mouth most of the time, so now I have one gun full of teeth marks ;).    Sorry for the poor quality of these pics, apparently four moving girls in the evening light of our house is something the iphone still can't handle.  Maybe generation 6 will get that one right haha.

 
 
 


 

 
Okay I promise next time I'll put pics of Colorado.  And tell our funny ATV story, but for now these lovely little girls with guns will have to suffice :).  Happy Labor Day.  Hope it's full of brauts and watermelon and cookies.  Okay okay cookies are random, but I've thinking about making them so they are in my head.  I think I'll get on that and actually make some!

1 comment:

  1. That last picture is so perfect! I miss you guys... and all those lovely friends of yours, too.

    ReplyDelete