Saturday, April 7, 2012

Random Happenings

It's been a busy couple of weeks here in T Town. Lots of lovely house guests :). Which means lots of good conversations, laughter, food, wine, reminiscing, and wishing friends and family didn't live so far away. Not much cleaning or running errands though. There's dog hair everywhere and I found a bill we never paid. That's pretty unorganized for muah, but it was totally worth it. Good thing they didn't shut off our electric when it was 90 out . . . in March!!



So just some random funny stories from the past few weeks. Ange got married! (not the funny part btw that part was so awesome and she was so beautiful!). I knew the bridesmaids were wearing green, but it was also St. Patty's day. So I asked Alisha if my dress was too close to the bridesmaids' color and she said I was safe. Wrong. Pretty much the exact same color. A random relative definitely came up to me and gave me a side hug and asked how I was before Ange's mom noticed and said wrong person and they awkwardly moved away. I took it as a compliment :). I mean the Ramey sisters are a pretty awesome bunch! And don't worry Alisha I'll still take fashion advice from you ;).




Fast forward two weekends. My parents were in town chilling with us and my dad decided he wanted to run in the Luchador run with Spencer. And yes that is an angry birds hat (?!!). Kill that pig!! The back of dad's shirt said "beware the machinist, he'll get you with precision." They say you marry someone like your dad right? Haha. Apparently goof ball was a qualification for Jenny's future husband :). Somehow I worded that wrong. Current husband? That sounds wrong too, you know what I mean :).


Okay this isn't funny really, I just like my dog :). I tied her up outside the gate while I planted the garden beds (which by the way what I thought were tomatoes are most definitely a million grass seddlings!! but at least my lettuce looks good so far ha). She stood guard and barked at everyone who passed and tried to dig up my seeds which just made me laugh. Sidenote: she got out last week and did dig a giant hole in one of the beds before we caught her!! Sneaky little dog! The other bed had paw prints :).




Okay so the last funny story happened last week. A friend from work and I go most days to Topeca to get lattes in the morning after we read our emails. Spencer gets his coffee later in the day so we don't often go in together (yes this is an important part of the story I promise). One particular morning my friend and I were talking to our favorite barista about when we all got engaged (he was all cheery even though it was monday and when we asked him why he said he got engaged on a Monday so it was bound to be a good day haha). The other barista working looked at me and said, "you got engaged?! congratulations!" We all bust up laughing! I told him actually Spencer and I have been married almost four years and he couldn't believe it. He said he thought he had been watching a coffee shop romance unfold. It made my day. Apparently Spencer and I still look young and in love and apparently not old enough to be old married people :). Hopefully we can keep it up for years to come!

3 comments:

  1. Aw love the topeca story...
    and what??!?!?!? whoever thought you were a bridesmaid must be colorblind. Those dresses were bright green and yours was more towards minty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I wish I knew which relative thought you were a Ramey. That's hilarious.
    I don't know your dad at all, but I think he's awesome. :) Oh, and Spencer too I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete