Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Little Time to Think

So this weekend we celebrated our anniversary and took a little road trip to Kansas City in the boss's Mercedes :). Driving in that car definitely makes you feel cooler but also a bit ridiculous when you step out of it. I kept expecting people to ask if we were borrowing our parent's car for the weekend! I was supposed to take pics of the trip on my bday camera to get in practice for our Switzerland trip since I won't be taking the old ball and chain (translation: work owned iphone haha) with me. I took exactly zero pictures. So looks like I'll just have a trial by fire haha. Or I'll have no pictures of our trip which would be HORRIBLE. I'm sure the mountains and lack of phone will inspire me to use it once we get there :).





Anyway, so we basically did what we would have done in Tulsa, but somehow it's so much more enjoyable when you know you can tell people you'll be out of town and unreachable for the day. We ate yummy mexican after walking around for an hour trying to find a less shady mexican resturant. Turns out the shady looking one was delicious and one of the best ones in town! We watched HGTV house hunters international (okay we don't do that at home because we have no cable haha), slept in (which was awesome!! I mean we love Blitzy but she loves 6 am on Saturday mornings alot more than we do!!), went to the City Market where we picked up some yummy looking peaches and mushrooms and grabbed breakfast at a diner, hit up the Broadway coffee shop, drove through some super nice historic neighbors looking at people's landscaping, ate some more mexican at Chipotle and then did some shopping in a fancy pants part of Kansas City, like our Mercedes was one in a million kind of fancy shopping! Okay I'm not sure you would call it shopping haha. We walked around Crate and Barrel for over an hour just thinking about ideas for house and left with nothing. We walked in and out of a bunch of clothing stores and bought nothing and actually the only thing we bought the whole weekend was some fancy tangerine flavored balsamice vinegar that is going to make some amazing salad dressing!!!



So yeah the weekend was nice and relaxing and we got to talk about all kinds of things and dream a little about what we want to do with our lives. No answers yet, just thinking :).



Okay so I did take some pics this week of a sweet garden feast we had with the neighbors and Dmac!! First Spencer made some fresh spicy pesto from all the basil growing in our garden. And it was delicious!! I can't wait to use the leftover pesto on some pasta :).





Then we also made a salad from our fresh lettuce and cucumbers.



Then we finished it off with some yummy fresh squash. Oh and some fish and scallops that were not from our garden :). Okay this is not a picture of the actual squash we ate, but you get the idea haha.



Okay one other random thing, ha I guess I should post more often so my posts aren't so rambly and random :). We started doing the insanity workout a week ago!!! Okay you should just google it. It's a really intense 60 day workout video series that is all plyometrics and crazy jumping and millions of pushups and well let's just say after every workout we have to sit on the couch and recover for awhile afterwards!! We took before pictures, but I am not posting those ;). If we turn out with six packs and dropping 30 lbs a piece maybe we'll post some tasteful after pictures haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment