Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Little Memorial Day Rest

So this weekend we took a much needed little trip to the lake with our neighbors. We soaked up sun and watched the dogs play and talked about life and drank cheap beer and roasted marshmallows and I did lots of reading because I'm not so good at sitting still and doing nothing haha. I'm working on it okay! It did make me want it to be July though! Where we could be sitting and drinking coffee, looking at the mountains from our Swiss chalet. Okay okay I'll stop rubbing it in :).

So we went up to the lake on Saturday evening but the whole place was booked! Instead we hit up Spencer's parents last minute for a place to crash and cook our camp food. It turned out to be really nice to just get to chill at their house and get to sleep in the airconditioning and shower, I know , I know we are whimpy :). It also meant in the morning we got to sit in the coffee shop and chill and read and then I got my bday present early after a spur of the moment to Best Buy to check out their sales!! Woo hoo Spencer got me a new digital camera so I can take lots of sweet pics of our trip to Switzerland. So I tried it out some this weekend :).


First on our babies haha chilling out in Spencer's parent's backyard.



And then on some lake shots. Haha chico george loved the water! He would start paddling before he even got to the water :).



Okay alot more has been happening in life besides our trip to the lake, but I'll have to blog on that another time. My brain is too worn out from being on the computer all day everyday!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys could go even though it didn't look like you thought it would! Love the pics. And yes, you should read some of the books I read on your plane ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you all this past weekend! :o) Love those photos too--dogs in hot weather are so funny. :o)

    ReplyDelete