Monday, August 23, 2010

White Trash for the Better Good

So we have this little old shed in our backyard. It used to be umm well we aren't really sure. Maybe a small apartment? Maybe a garage? Maybe a workshop with a bathroom? Who knows but it is definitely in need of repairs! So Spencer has started on it because the table saw in the sun room is just not really a permanent solution ha. Although for now it is not really bothering me which is more than a little amazing. I think it's because I never found whicker furniture I wanted, okay I found some I wanted, but nothing I was willing to pay for :), so in the meantime the room was empty anyway, so why not have it be a workshop for a bit. BUT only for a bit! Anyway so Spencer has started tearing down the plaster walls in the shed to make room for drywall and a new workshop!

Here's the other side of the shed that is still full of all kinds of stuff that was in our house when we bought it. Lovely old cabinets and doors and windows and beams and who knows what else that we might one day use.
There's only one small problem. In order to clean the shed and take down all the plaster, first he had to empty the shed! It's contents have been strewn across the backyard for the past week or so. So yes, we have become white trash for awhile so that we can eventually have a workshop and a nice yard with a new fence for our puppy to run around in!!!

Okay sadly, the two grills and two lawn mowers and bathtub have actually been in th yard for alot longer than two weeks :). I know, I know we are horrible. But it has been sooooo hot that I've had no motivation to do yard work! I still need to finish cleaning off the bricks so we can have a sweet patio, but again the heat has not been my friend. Okay I'm just lazy sometimes :).


So today some major progress was made! Most of what was in the yard that was just trash and things we no longer want has made it into the truck bed so we can take it to the dump!

Oh hurray for being able to see the grass :). We might yet still get there. Maybe it will be 90 again instead of 105 and we will want to work for more than 45 minutes at a time!

2 comments:

  1. way to pick an interesting title for this post! i love that you're renovating the shed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhaha, I love this post. You are just too fun. I cant wait to see all this! You better have it all cleaned up before I get there. I mean, I'm moving to Arkansas right? I need to maintain my high class image or they might not accept me. Love love,

    ReplyDelete