Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vacation Pics

Okay so I figured I'd put up few of my favorite from our adventures on the west coast. So here you go, for your viewing pleasure!


Garrett had said he would take us to this giant troll, none of us really knew what he was talking about. Then we walked under this random overpass and there it was! And I guess Spencer forgot he was not a senior in highschool anymore :).

And how would it be a good vacation without a little coffee recommended by the Doubleshot gang. Spencer enjoying his freshly made cup of coffee at Victrola. And yes we did go there two mornings in a row and I ordered the same thing twice, it was just so good! A delicious americano with a gingernap cookie, breakfast of champions haha.

After hitting up the coffee shop one morning we took the rainy ferry over to Bainbridge island. Di had recommended the ferry ride and I was goioing to go even if it was raining the whole time! It was really peaceful and the town was really cute, after we figured out which way to walk to eat food. Down the road with no one else but us and consistently fewer houses and cars was not the right way haha.

View of Seattle from the ferry. And yes it was this gray almost the whole time we were there. I could not do that long term! Bring on the sun, seriously!

And I'm not convinced I would ever be able to live on the west coast with all it's rain and chilliness but if I lived in Seattle I definitely would be at the market all the time. It was like the farmers markets in Tulsa but bigger and better and every day!! And yes home of the famous fish throwers too :).

Enjoying a little wine tasting in the hills outside of Portland. It was truly gorgeous. And truly not fun to drive up to and down from in an Expedition full of eight people full of wine. ha ha yes I was the designated driver. Actually it wasn't too bad, everyone just fell asleep while they trusted their lives to me haha.

And last but not least, what our backyard will someday look like, okay maybe not but we might try to incorporate some of the elements of this awesome japenese garden we went to in Portland. It was so green!



And on another note, we've started getting up at 5:30 every morning to work out. We'll see how long this lasts :).

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. i want to live by that waterfall.
    also, good luck with the 5:30 thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome. Love the Garden and you guys look so cute in the Vineyard one! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a slacker about checking your blog lately. Looks like you had a great time! My sis is living outside Portland. I felt the same way when I was out there. Not sure I could actually live there because of the cloudyness. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete