Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Bday and Anniversary To Me :)

The lovely birthday dinner Spencer and I cooked. We've been on a cooking spree. Maybe it's just because on vacation all we did was go out so now cooking feels really cathardic and relaxing. We had steak and corn on the cob and new potatoes from the farmers market and mushrooms and fruit and our year old wine! Yes we actually made it. When we went to New Zealand last spring we got a bottle of wine from Ransom vineyard while we were with Brooke and Travis and the owners told us it would be at its premium if we let it age a year, so we did! Not really on purpose, we just made it that long without drinking it because we had all other kinds of good wine from California and Portland and my dad's graduation gift to Spencer of all kinds of good wine. So anyway it was delicious!! The food and the wine :).

It was a nice peaceful way to close up my birthday after the craziness of the week before. I decided calming is my favorite thing right now. But I would have gladly given up calm if all my missing favorite people had been in town!!! I missed you all, mom, dad, other mom and dad, all my siblings, hellman and schaffner and of course Alisha :). So mark your calendars now, I'm giving up peace and quiet for a crazy thanksgiving dinner at our house here in T-town, so you better be there :).


On another note, I saw a commercial for a church the other day and realized the guy talking was sitting at the front table at Double Shot, so strange! Talking all about God's love and how if you ever need to just talk about it and don't know who with, come to our church, kind of cool I thought.
Also, I saw a real live duckling crossing the other day.
And Spencer won't tell me what he got me for my bday, I have to wait till it ships!
And our bed is finally shipping!! So come two weeks everyone should come visit because we'll have an extra bed :).
Oh and one more thing, my boss found out Spencer and I were celebrating our anniversary tonight and made me let the other engineer working with me be on call for the pressure testing in the middle of the night! What a nice present :).

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Jenny. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday and anniversary. Oh, and count us in on Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure we aren't booked yet :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOU. I miss you dearly every time I read something you've written. You're vibrant marrow-sucking personality just shines through. So much joy and peace (aka calm) to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't read this yet! Glad you mentioned it. Awww, I can't wait to drink wine again! Soon and very soon. Glad the Ransom wine was good for you. We'll have to get some for me too as an "after baby" gift. Who cares about clothes for the baby, get mamma some wine! :)

    ReplyDelete