Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First few projects from our new house . . .

Okay so who knew setting up your house could be so time consuming? Don't worry it's mostly fun :)
Alright so first things first, we went to Garden Ridge and found a nice little table to put in the kitchen so friends can chill with us while we cook, or we can eat there instead of at our massive dining room table!

We thought it was perfect for our little corner. Good thing Spencer is good at those oragami type put it together yourself instructions!
Alright on to the next project: painting our old kitchen cabinets to hang up in the laundry room so we can hide all our laundry and cleaning supplies. Yeah for reducing clutter (visible clutter at least)!

Okay here you go mom, just for you I took some pictures of us working!! So here we are enjoying the sun and our awesome front porch! So we only messed up a little on the cabinets ha. While we were doing the second coat it got pretty dark and we didn't notice that we had globbed a little paint around the door trim. Good thing I didn't have to do the kitchen cabinets myself :).
And final project of the week: CLEANING. okay this is probably going to be project of the month because everything is sooooo dusty from all the construction work and painting. See my lovely swiffer after cleaning the tile and the wood in the front room. Absolutely disgusting! The windows have the same grime all over them. I spent two hours cleaning one of them and then realized I had managed to get the inside glass clean but there is also the outside glass and then the storm window, all of which are covered in 80 years of dust!! Guess I did move into an old house :).

And our project for tonight: get curtains or shades for our bedroom. The green sheets have got to go!

2 comments:

  1. 4 DAYS. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I can relate to the nasty windows. Ours are nasty too, we just can't reach the outside of most of them. Happy cleaning! It's going to look so great, I'm sure! I should take pics of my dirty house at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete