Sunday, February 16, 2014

We Made It!

Well I ran a 10k.  I never thought I would "be a runner" and sometimes I still don't think I am a runner since it still feels ridiculously hard to run half (most?) of the time.  When does that get easier?  I guess if I think about it, it has gotten easier to run a mile or two.  And three miles isn't always easy but now I can do it without ever having to walk - although sometimes if you saw me with the B.O.B. pushing Noah up the hill onto the 21st street bridge in the wind you might beg to differ :).  6.4 miles though - whew.  I'm glad I had Rach and Peter as running buddies even if the last two miles or so we were all pretty much done with the chit chat and just thinking about getting up the one big hill and then beating the two girls in front of us who kept walking and then jogging past us and then walking and then jogging past us.  We beat them in the last block just for good measure haha.


We ran it in just under an hour, which was sort of a goal.  First goal was to finish, second goal was to not walk, and third was to maybe, hopefully get it done in under an hour.  I'd done one 6 mile run in just over an hour with the stroller and Rach and I had done one in just under an hour without the stroller, so we knew it was doable we just didn't know how we would stand up under the pressure on race day - but we made it! 58 minutes and 57 seconds we crossed the finished line.  And then promptly ate a huge breakfast complete with tequila sunrises and bloody marys.

And Noah did this while we ate.  Whew watching races early Saturday mornings is so tiring.  Life as a baby is just so hard :).




Then we did a few touristy things around town since the siblings and friends were in town and well honestly we had never done half of them even though I've lived here almost 10 years (how did that happen?!!!).

Noah thought the center of the universe was pretty cool.


We also checked out the giant golden driller and then walked down 15th street and looked at some cool furniture stores and a few cute boutiques and of course the only thing we purchased were some cute baby leggings for Noah, complete with knee patches.

Then it was pizza, beer, valentine's day chocolate and olympics.  Oh and somewhere in there most of us showered haha.  And then some netflix.  And then sleep.  10k's do make for some pretty good nights sleep . . .

Noah's up.  Time for a walk to stretch out the legs and enjoy the 60 degree sunshine in February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment