Saturday, March 9, 2013

Getting Ready To Relive Finals Week

Okay that is probably a little misleading, but we are going to make pizza and watch as many episodes of Arrested Development as we feel like.  Maybe not the best idea for the night before daylight savings but it sounds like a pretty perfect plan to me for a rainy night in March.  Spencer even gave Blitz a bath, so we won't mind her sitting on the couch by us.  Everyone's bringing their favorite toppings, so we'll see what kind of crazy pizzas we end up with.

Whew this was a long week.  Lots of draining days at work for both Spencer and I.  Lots of waking up in the middle of the night to Blitz scratching the floor and moving around on her dog bed in our room (solution: we moved her back to her crate, sorry Blitz but sleep is more important).  Lots of me waking up to charlie horses - apparently this is the new random side effect of pregnancy I get to experience.  I did ask the lady at yoga about it and she said the old wives tale is to put a bar of ivory soap at the bottom of the bed?!  I might just try it considering in the last week I've woken up three nights barely able to move my leg and then the next morning I get out of bed limping.  Then again I might try eating lots of bananas :).  Also I've started to have crazy pregnancy dreams.  First I dreamed I had a tiny baby (like think the size of a large potato), and I was back at work two days after giving birth trying to figure out breast feeding in my office.  And I was exploding milk everywhere.  Yeah I know freaky.  Then another night I dreamed it was a few days after giving birth and I couldn't remember if I had fed the baby or not and not just forgot one time, I couldn't remember if I had fed him at all since he had been born.  So weird how your brain chooses to process things you are worried about.   So yes, in between all of that, plus Spencer waking up thinking about work and me waking up worrying about my little it's been a bunch of not so restful nights.

Wow I didn't mean for this to be depressing. 

I've got a bunch of funny pictures from my work shower I keep meaning to put on here.  Seriously, I work with some of the most kind and humorous people ever.  They are really generous and really thoughtful, and I really do think I'm going to miss them while I'm on maternity leave.  I'll at least miss all the practical joking and instant messaging about the ridiculousness of office life.  In the mean time these are some of my favorite ladies there.  And just in case you can't tell three of us are pregnant.  One due next week, me due in May, one due in October and one has decided her current goal is to finish her MBA and then go on sweet Jenny and Spencer vacations as she's affectionately dubbed them which is totally fine by me. 


Okay I'm off to start the bacon for the pizza . . .

1 comment:

  1. Mmm i was totally with you in spirit tonight.
    Also, i hear that it's pretty impossible to miss a feeding between the crying baby and the painful... well... feeding area :)

    ReplyDelete