Saturday, January 12, 2013

Nothing Like . . .

. . . a cold, rainy - make that sleety - day to make you want to clean house and check things off the to do list.  I got a jump start last night while Spencer went to OKC to see his brother play in a band (they guy from the flaming lips came to check them out, maybe they'll be famous one day!!).  I decided as much as I wish I were that cool, I can't do concerts that start at 11 pm in a city two hours away.  It doesn't quite work out if you want to be in bed by 10 pm :).  So last night I did a bunch of loads of laundry, ate half a delicious pizza, kept Blitzy from eating the other half of my delicious pizza, cleaned up some around the house, watched a little TV and then started my baby registry!!  I'd been putting it off for awhile just because I was so overwhelmed by the thought of adding that much stuff to our house, but I just decided to start with what I knew I wanted and go from there.  So I started with cloth diapers and a moby wrap and after that, thanks to Amazon's nice little top things for baby prompter it really wasn't too bad.  I'm sure I'll go back and add things as I think of them, but so far I'm pretty happy with everything I found.  For the record, no I did not research everything or really even most things.  I picked colors I liked and things people had recommended and things that looked compact (I mean since I am going to have to take some of it to Europe with me haha).

Then this morning it was off to goodwill with a pile of clothes from our closets plus a run to get a bunch of new hangers for the new closets Spencer is almost done building!!  He installed the doors today, now all we have left is a bunch of painting for me and Spencer is going to put in shelves so the space is more usable.  Oh and I "need" to get some baskets to make the closet look cool - I mean better organize my scarves and purses and belts :).

Once we were home, it was a bunch of bills and paperwork organizing while watching more Top Gear (our new favorite thing) plus making cookies and folding laundry and working on the registry more and booking hotels for our babymoon!!  I'm pumped about it.  We're hitting up San Antonio and Austin in mid February for our final trip before little Noah gets here.  Last February I stayed at this awesome resort for a work thing that happened to be on Valentine's Day, so this year we're going back and I'm taking Spencer along :).  Can't wait.  Hopefully I won't be too uncomfortable yet. 

Let's see what else (in case you aren't bored of reading my to do list yet haha).  I also had to make sure my dog didn't jump the fence and run away again, like she did twice last night while I was home alone.  Not cool.  Especially not cool when the second time was in the dark and I didn't think I was going to be able to find her without sneaking around in people's yards.  Thankfully she hadn't gone to far. 

Oh yeah and I talked to Alisha!!!  And burned my anthropolgie candle I got for Christmas.  And drank yummy coffee.  I'd call that a pretty good productive day.  Now it's time for a movie and hot chocolate.

One more thing.  Random thing I learned today in a free Parenting magazine I got.  Apparently the raunchy book Shades of Grey caused a bunch of babies to be born 9 months later.  Go figure.  People are odd.  And people who decide to write an article on things like this are odder.

4 comments:

  1. Ewwwww x 100,000 to the shades of grey thing!
    It was great to talk to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super rare Sunday morning at home, due to the death of the 17-1/2 year old washing machine at our residence, purchase on line last night by your mom of a new machine from Lowe's, and a call at 8:10 this morning that they would be delivering it between 9 am and 1pm. Soo, enjoying your blog after listening to a great Tim Keller sermon gleaned from Titus 2 and 3. Samsung- a new era of high tech washing, and we've got the backup to put it to work. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list, and your dad is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love your list. It is you when I'm not there and I want to do all those things with you all the time. Soon!!

    ReplyDelete