Monday, January 28, 2013

Just A Few Happenings

Life is happening around here, nothing too exciting.  Okay well that's a lie we actually just bought a new (used) car tonight!! However it is getting outfitted with new tires, so I didn't get to drive it away quite yet.  Looks like I get a few more days of blissful denial with my lovely VW 2 door rabbit and then it's on to four door SUV's, car seats, and parenthood.  Sheesh that sounds so overwhelming.  I think I will acclerate in third gear and drive like a maniac for the next couple of days and maybe add in a few good peel outs just for fun.  Sorry, you're just going to have to be in suspense about what we purchased till I actually have it and can take pretty pictures of it.  All I'll say is it has a giant moonroof and a turbocharger, so I was sold :).

Okay so up through today's purchase life had been happening as usual.  We've had a little bit of the January blues, like the wow I have to be a grownup and go to work everyday even when work is stressful and tiring and makes me want to just watch Top Gear all night long, kind of blues.  Nothing too extreme, just not our most cheery days.  Libby was reminding me it is winter after all and things are just kind of slow and dreary and not too worry too much about the funk.  I think I'll take that advice! 

I've decided this may be my guilty pleasure during pregnancy:


A delicious latte and a cookie at the same time.  Normally I would only do one or the other, or do black coffee and a cookie to avoid having a million calorie snack in the afternoon when I really just need a stretch break from my computer, but for some reason lately my willpower has been a little lower ;).  Sometimes it's just a cookie and a latte kind of day.  So far I haven't had any weird cravings, so for now this will have to suffice!

Spencer's been taking good care of me during this whole pregnancy thing.  It really hasn't been too bad yet, but some days vacuuming the whole house and cleaning the bathroom on top of laundry sounds so overwhelming, and then he'll offer to scrub the toilet and sweep half the rooms for dog hair and it doesn't seem quite so bad anymore.  He also made me this awesome dinner one night for date night after my midwife office called to tell me I had missed my appointment because both Spencer and I had written it down for the following week.  I drove across town in rush hour traffic while he whipped up this deliciousness!! I think I should let him cook more often ;).


Steak and garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus and peanut thai chicken all in one meal?!  Not too mention lovely virgin lemon drop martinis!  Who knew ginger beer and fresh squeezed lemon juice could taste so close to the real thing?  Without, of course, causing any harm to little Noah other than a sugar rush ;).

Okay here's my 25 week shot.  Maybe someday I will have an actual bump - not that I am wishing to be huge any time soon!!!


Pictures on the new mom ride to come shortly . . .

1 comment:

  1. Ah, new car! That is so exciting. I need to come see you and it. Also, your bump is barely bigger than it was a month ago! But that shirt is cute. And um, I miss you. Let us talk soon.

    ReplyDelete