Saturday, July 30, 2011

And We're Back!

Okay so I promise I'll put up a bunch more pictures, but I still need to sort through them all and I still feel like I'm living on Zurich time right now, so it might get a little crazy if I try to write a long post now haha. So here's a shorty post :). Oh the other reason I'm feeling lazy is that when we got home last night, I sorted through all the mail to make sure we had no pressing bills and turns out the city wrote us up for our yard being messy!!! Apparently we needed to mow and get rid of trash and clean up poisin ivy?!! Anyway, just to be safe we spent most of the day so far cleaning up the yard in 100 degree weather. I talked to a neighbor about it, and he said it happened to him before, and he called about it and they pretty much said it's an idle threat. They had a 100 complaints in our neighborhood alone and there was no way they were going to come out and actually work on your yard and fine you for having too high of grass. Looks like we just had some not so friendly neighbor who thought we should be mowing while we were on vacation! Anyway enough on that!

So here are some of my favorite parts of vacation:

Staying in this really peaceful chalet on a mountain side in Leysin. The view really was as good as the pictures online showed. Too bad it rained so much!! The rain did make for a really peaceful week though. We did lots of reading and journaling and talking about life goals and watching old Bond 007 movies and cooking lots of yummy food oh and of course drinking dshot coffee and eating lots of chocolate oh and drinking wine and eating lots of chocolate. Haha basically we ate chocolate whenever we felt like it :).



Once we got to Interlaken (okay I know I'm skipping lots of details, these are just highlights for now haha), Spencer and I went parasailing!!! It was really amazing! The sun came out just in time for us to see the famout trio of snowcapped mountians, the Eiger, the Jungfrau, and the Monk peaking out of the clouds and the view from the air was spectacular! Running off a cliff into the air is pretty fun too :). Yes I know I might be crazy, but it was probably my favorite part of the trip!Another great part of the trip?! These people went with us :).


Okay this doesn't really show anything in particular from the trip, I just liked this picture :) and yes it was cold enough that I had to wear my ski cap at least half of the trip!!! No 100 degrees and sunny in the alps!!


Okay so we had a really fun time, but it's also nice to be back in good old US of A where everyone speaks English, and I know what road signs mean, and ice is readily avialable and movies don't cost 30 bucks a ticket!!! (we paid over 60 bucks to see Harry Potter the finale in Zurich!!) and drinks don't cost 10 bucks a piece!! (we paid 20 bucks for an iced tea and a frap from starbucks!!!) and I don't have to worry about whether or not I'm going to get in trouble for getting on a train I don't have a ticket for (umm I'm pretty sure we did that a few times in Italy, not to all fellow travelers, the Italian public transport cannot hold a candle to the Swiss one)! Home is pretty nice :). And so is our little dog, okay okay I know she's not little but I love her.


Alright off to do some laundry!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fantastic time! Yay, Europe and friends! :o) Glad you all are back safely!

    ReplyDelete