Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow day number 4!!

So we're working on day number four of being snowed in our house and I'm about out of ideas for how to spend my time. Oh but first my exploits from yesterday :). So Spencer's been working from home the last four days so I've been entertaining myself. So yesterday I decided to shuffle the driveway in the morning. So here's how it looked when I started:

So I shoveled for two straight hours which actually was really nice because I finally felt warm for the first time in a couple days! Four layers of clothes plus 18 inches of snow equals a pretty good sweat ;). Okay sorry TMI. Then we decided we'd try to get the truck out to see if we could drive around the neighborhood (our rabbit has too low of clearance to go much of anywhere in 18 inches of snow!). So we pulled the rabbit out . . . and got it stuck in the road and had to dig it out. Then we pulled the truck out . . . and got it stuck in the road annd had to dig it out. Ha ha seeing the pattern? So somewhere in the midst of all of this Blitzy managed to push the gate open and was frolicking around in the snow. And getting way to close to the cars while we were trying to get them to move. So we dumped her here:

ha ha yep, in the back of the truckbed full of snow :). After another 30 minutes of digging our cars out all we managed to do was get them back in the driveway in the exact same places they were before we dug them out! Hence snow day number 4 because we still can't get out of our neighborhood. And I can't get on to the network either so it's day 4 of figuring out what to do with myself. Ha silly little dog!



So, so far here's what I've managed to do the last couple of days:

- do laundry


-do dishes (my gosh you make a lot of dishes dirty when you can't leave the house!!)


-unthaw the kitchen pipes with a hair dryer (okay really Spencer did this 2 1/2 times and I did it 1/2 a time haha I was too short to reach the place where it was frozen in the basement

-do taxes
-walk the dog three times, once to QT to get essentials like DP and chips and candy haha -find Blitzy a dog training class

-read a book on poverty in the inner city

-did Bible study for Monday night

-did a workout while watching HGTV haha (I had to keep myself occupied!!)

-watched a bunch of bones episodes

-cleaned the kitchen

-worked on a plan for a trip to Switzerland this summer!!

-shopped for decorative pillows (unsuccessfully!!)

-did a little baking (but now I'm out of butter)

-tried not to go completely crazy!!

-checked a bunch of blog posts on house stuff, which isn't very interesting when you are snowed in with no supplies and no way to go shopping! well except for online which I decided I already despise.

-hung out with the Moores :). It has seriously made it so much more bearable to be snowed in because we just walk over to their house and hang out with them and make margaritas and play life and watch more bones and eat tacos haha sounds like what we normally do with them

So basically I'm about out of ideas for what to do with myself. I think I'm going to do a little more reading, do another workout, email Alisha and umm walk the dog again :). Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Who knew eighteen inches of snow could be so exciting?! *grin* At least Blitzy looks pretty happy with it. We just had ice, so the university was only closed for a day or so. School, school, school. ;o)

    ReplyDelete