Tuesday, October 26, 2010

On hold . . .

Okay so I'm on hold with the IRS right now trying to figure out why we never got our first time home buyer credit. Probably because I sent them more construction documents than anyone would ever care to look at. Oh well! So in the mean time I thought I'd do a little blogging.

So let's see what have we been doing lately? Here's just some bullet points for fun :).

- Went to the TU homecoming game and wished we were still in college with everything within walking distance and no mortgage payment ;)

- We're trying to get blitzy to not freak out when we put her back in her pen. We literally have to pick her up and put her inside the fence, which is only going to work for so long considering she is already heavy! At only 10 weeks old! Looks like we are going to have a beast on our hands before long :).

- Had dinner with some TU kids and chatted all about life and getting married while in school and the trials and joys of campus ministry and realized that we really have shared alot of life with our good old neighbors D and K which just made us happy. Side note, it's a little weird to be the "old" married people feeding college kids. I don't feel that old!

- Went to the OSU vs. Nebraska game. Talk about small town culture shock. Reminder to self: I did not go to a big school, chants with 56000 of my closest friends weird we me out a little haha.

- Went to our neighborhood picnic and met some random cool people, including the people running for state rep in our district.

-Walked around the neighborhood and met alot of new people. Basically Blitzy is a people magnet :). Our plan to get to know more neighbors is working!!! Now all I need to do is try and remember their names. I think I need flash cards :).

I'm still on hold . . . good thing I have a pumpkin spice latte to distract me and house blogs to look at.

And I'm about to have a much needed mini vacation with Alisha!! Woo hoo!! Off to Philly for some chill time reading, sleeping, drinking coffee, walking around the city, and maybe eating philly cheesesteak :). I love vacation. I might even get a new vacation out fit tonight haha. I know that is very ridiculous.

3 comments:

  1. So I realized today that my 10 page paper is due Tuesday after we get back, meaning, I need to start and finish writing it today and tomorrow. Woot! That will make a vacation feel even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love the update, it sounds like you guys are doing a lot of cool stuff. I love that you are meeting your neighbors and that D and K are your neighbors. Love. It.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for vacation!

    Now I'm very thankful I managed to escape OSU football games...! *grin*

    And I love the fact that you have to pick Blitzy up to put her in her pen. :o)

    ReplyDelete