Saturday, November 10, 2012

Ch-Ch-Changes

I've been wanting to write this for awhile but it was all hush, hush, so I figured I shouldn't put it out for the whole blog world (I know I'm flattering myself) to read.  The last couple of months have been a little different around here.  We've added a baby to the mix!  A very small one, but still.  And Spencer has affectionately dubbed it "hell baby" for the time being until we find out if it'll be a little mini me or a little mini Spencer.  So here's our official online announcement (and yes don't worry my mother has known for a while now):

 Coming May 2013
Approximately the 16th of May
Baby Hellman!!!!
(Currently the size of a lemon, hopefully a cute one haha)
 
 
And as my father nicely pointed out while laughing (with me not at me I'm pretty sure haha), I am such an engineer.  I had said all along I'd like five years of work experience under my belt before moving to a different stage of life and pretty much five years exactly after graduating from the lovely TU we'll be definitely entering a different stage of life.  And .. .  we are pumped!! Freaked out for sure, but we are also really excited.
 
So let's see, yes life has already changed a little, but honestly less than I thought it would.  I think right now most of the changes are happening in our heads.  Give it a month or two though and I'm sure I'll say differently when my wardrobe no longer functions haha.  So far though, here's my list of changes:
 
- taking nasty prenatals every night before bed
- feeling like I'm going to explode every morning when I get out of bed and have to run to the bathroom (haha I know TMI)
- raw meet looks pretty nasty
- spinach and plain lattes, both of which I loved before this oddness no longer look good at all
-bacon cheeseburgers look oddly good all the time (so far I've only given in once haha)
- no martinis, I know so sad; and I am definitely already looking forward to my bday next year in June!
- umm I'm still drinking coffee, I'm not that extreme goodness.
- my reading list has expanded to include titles like "Pregnancy and Work" and "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" (yes the current plan is to go all natural at a birth center .. . . we'll see if I change my mind)
- I've become the ultimate multi tasker, I mean come on I'm growing a kid while working, going to yoga, shopping for groceries, even sleeping!  So weird. 
 
That's been about it honestly.  I know don't hate me, but I never got sick.  I felt tired, but not awful.  And Spencer says I've been a little more on edge, but nothing too extreme.  Hopefully he's not just being nice ;). My pants still fit, but give it a few weeks and I'm pretty sure that won't be true . . .
 
I think so far the nicest thing anyone has said to me has been, wow I can't believe it!  I don't think I've ever been so excited for anyone other than when I found out I was having my own kid.  I thought that was pretty awesome. 
 
Alright I'm off to do a little fall shopping and share the good news with some more friends.  For the record this has made me SO AWKWARD.  I wait really long into conversations to tell people.  And I wait till really awkward silences to say oh and by the way, we're having a kid . . . and then I sort of trail off.  Maybe I should have just put that on the post ;).


5 comments:

  1. so exciting jenny!!!! congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you should just get a baby on board t-shirt and let THAT do the talking...
    bahahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEE!!!!!!!!!! that's a scream for excitement/happiness! yay!!! can't wait to see you again and talk more! (!!!!!!!! few extra exclamation points for good measure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll be fun to celebrate a special Thanksgiving with you two next week. We are really looking forward to the time together. Thank you for being 'plan B,' after the fail of the TRR II scenario. I will bring lot's of wine(doesn't need refrigeration) and some Catawba(for those not having alcoholic beverages).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! Congratulations!!!
    May is the perfect time to birth a baby. No super hot pregnancy days. :)
    I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete