Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Time in the City

Whew!  Where has June gone?  The last month has been crazy.  Mostly in a good - we took two vacations in three weeks - kind of way :).  Oh and I switched jobs at work and had my birthday and we had our four year anniversary and our dog puked for a day straight and we threw a wedding shower for some friends at church and we had our fridge whack out on us while we were on one of our two vacations which induced all kinds of "I can't throw a shower without a working fridge" freaking out.  Yep it has been a crazy month.

First things first, Spencer got me this sweet watch for my birthday.  Yep, he's pretty awesome.  Four years married to him has been pretty awesome too.  Don't worry I'm not kidding myself it hasn't been awesome every day, but overall I give him an A+.  A+ for helping me be a better person, for stopping me from freaking out as much over the little things (can you say Type A? haha), for being an awesome handyman (I mean come on he rebuilt the garage and built me a window seat and a coffee table and a mantle and a crate and barrell look alike mirror and I'll just stop there before you get too jealous haha), for being a hardworking recruiter (for example he just won a 1000 bucks for knowing his recruiting software better than everyone else at the conference - make that A+ for being a software nerd haha), for being a good friend who's continually getting better at listening and not just trying to fix me, and for being an awesome dancer - he definitely just did some random jig with blitz haha. 


So our last adventure was to Boston. Spencer had a work conference and his coworkers all brought their spouses, so I thought three days to explore boston on my own - heck yes!! 

Check out the view from our window!  And the other side was a view of the harbor, talk about the high life - miller high life that is haha.


We went a day early so we could enjoy a little R&R and a little time away from the office for our anniversary.  So what did we do?  Did you guess it? Yep we ate some yummy food and drank some yummy coffee thanks to some tips from my office mates and Spencer's bro and googling "best lattes in Boston."  Yes I used my company iphone for that one :).

 Us enjoying the famousness that is Mike's Pastry shop.

On to the next venue, the Sam Adams brewery tour!  Okay make that a 20 minute tour with 40 minutes of tasting beer.  Yep life is pretty good around here :).

Okay we're late to a barbecue, I'll leave you guessing on the rest of the pictures for now :).  Happy Sunday evening!







2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Boston! I love these! Also, your husband is so cool but you're the most A++ person in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. U look skinny and adorable !!!
    :)
    Email me!

    ReplyDelete