Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cleaning Up

Spencer and I have been cleaning up around the house and running errands all day oh and I went to the gym. Sometimes I wonder what our Saturday's will look like when we have kids. I'm pretty sure I won't get to sleep in till 8:30 and then go to the gym for two hours and then leisurely pick up the house and shop and watch TV, but who knows. Maybe I'll have really obliging kids haha I'm not crossing my fingers :).

So yes we were cleaning because next weekend we're hosting Ange and Bob's wedding shower (so exciting!!!), and we figured a Christmas tree was probably not appropriate a month after Christmas has already passed. I really like my tree this year though, so I was sad to see it go. That corner of the living room is so bare now! I guess it'll be motivation for us to start working on our built in window seat and book cases . . .

Spencer's been at it again. Look at the awesome coffee table he made me!! I was so excited when I saw it finished!!! (See all the exclamation points ;) that's alot even for me haha). Now we just have to figure out how to keep it looking old and rustic while still being able to set things on it without ruining it.

I think I might just make this my only new year's resolution and forget about the rest of them. Thanks West Elm for the inspiration :).

I tried something new this week: rock and roll yoga. Apparently all the hot women in Tulsa do this on Friday's after work. Good thing I figured that out :). Okay but seriously it was pretty fun, and I am incredibly inflexible so I'm pretty sure it was pretty funny if you happened to be watching me try to lift one leg off the ground and balance with my hand on the floor when I can't in fact reach my toes (or the floor). Everyone promised me I would get better with time ;).

I also had a blast from the past. I raced for two minutes on a rowing machine at the gym. It was for a chance at a six month membership, and even though it was totally for fun I still was nervous! Nothing like competition to kick my nerves into gear. I'm not sure yet if I won, I'll keep you posted :).

Alright we're having a game night with wings and beer and veggies and an expirement with Coke and Pepsi. Should be fun. Thanks mom and Katy for all the games; they've been quite a hit so far!

Hope the January doldrums aren't getting you down. Nothing like a little goal setting to get you feeling all introspective and obnoxious. Maybe it's just me ;).

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can assure you it's not just you!
    The table is lovely.
    And I totally support whatever that book is going to say...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that table. Nathan and I have been scheming on how we can find some 100-yr-old wood. Rip it off of an old barn somewhere or something. Good job, Spencer.
    I'd just give it a good spray of some polyurethane to seal it all.

    So excited for the shower! And to see your house!

    ReplyDelete