Monday, December 13, 2010

Breaking the China

Okay make that breaking the china in. I know I just ended a sentence with a preposition. So you know how you register for china when you get married? And then you wonder when am I going to use this?! I mean I'd love to use it at thanksgiving but I only have six sets of it and we had 12 people. And I'm sorry but mixing and matching fiesta ware and china is not my style :). So we decided why not just break it in on a random wednesday night with some friends?



So I got all set up for our fancy meal with our neighbors David and Kat and our other neighbors the lovely gelzergovatoses who also live less than half a mile away from us. And no we don't have a weird neighborhood click, sometimes we just like eating together :). Ha I just realized Blitzy is in the background of this picture.

So I slaved away for hours on end in the kitchen to make a lovely dinner to match the occasion of using our wedding china for the first time.


And yep did you guess it? We had take out pizza. And we broke out the cyrstal glasses and filled them full of yep you guessed it, okay maybe not, miller high life and dr. pepper. What can I say we are just that classy :).
And in case you've been worrying about our poor little dog out in the cold, suffering on these long windy lonely nights you can STOP your worrying. She loves her little dog house, and she loves her wood shavings. Now we call her our little gerbel dog because she smells like a gerbel all the time!!! Only problem is she does not love it when we hang out in the house without her. She is such a whiny baby sometimes! Always wanting to hang out with us ;). Dogs are definitely good for your self esteem.



There you go Alisha :). It was a little later than the weekend, but it was close!!

3 comments:

  1. I think pizza on china is a lovely idea--and you should do it often!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I totally would have eaten some glutenous pizza if it was on your china :) I really like your excuses for parties :) For real. I hope you will help me remember those when the time comes for me. Stay warm! It's like... 8 degrees here. DISgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, nice--pizza and beer/dr pepper on fine china. *grin* Aw, Blitzy in her dog house! Looking forward to seeing you sometime next week! :o)

    ReplyDelete